Barndominium!

Add this one to the list of ridiculous things I want, including a career as a writer and world peace.  Is a barndominium something that you can put on an Amazon wishlist?  What about a barndominium that is over an hour drive from the office?  And uncomfortably far enough away from everyone and everything?  I know, I shouldn’t lead with the selling points.




This property is five acres and located in an equine community next to a lake.  There are trails galore and an HOA covered arena - at this point I’m sold.  B was not so much; I think if we got a boat, he'd be okay with it.  Let’s talk about the people quarters first, although I’m not convinced that B and I would be spending more time indoors than out.

The living quarters upstairs are 2 br / 1.5 ba and 100% the size I’m comfortable with; our current place is around 1500 square feet as well.  I love the paneled ceiling and the big dormer windows.  I’m not sure I would put blinds on them at all, like the current residents.  The great room combination kitchen, living room, dining room (where they have a pool table instead of a dining table) WITH a wood burning stove is absolutely cozy.  You wouldn’t be able to throw a soiree in your home but everything is compact, neat, and tidy.  It’s quirky, and I think I could make it work.





The downstairs barn is comprised of three 12x12 stalls, tack room with cabinets, and a loafing shed.  Adorable covered porch for hanging out when the weather is cooler with hitching posts - check.  Beautiful stone accent walls in the barn - check.  Surrounded by grass on all sides with paddocks within shouting distance - check.  The most expensive property in the area and it’s not even a standalone house - uncheck.





So what if Mae doesn’t know how to “do” trails and only feels safe surrounded by a hundred horses.  So what if I’d likely need to get a new job.  We could get a few more horses and a dog!  Don’t mind me while I daydream for the next few hours about the life I could have.


Comments

  1. Jaw droppingly gorgeous. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they could just move that place to the east coast, I'd buy it tomorrow. There's a barn/house combo near us I've ridden past and wish I could own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooth, I will daydream with you....seriously. This is actually the kind of place I would really like to live in if we win the lotto. As much as I love the modern homes I see in mags with the minimalistic look, there's nothing like a rustic house like this to really live in, you know?
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL
    I would so live there. With all 16 of my horses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this place is amazing! I love the open concept of the living space, and I'm in awe of those beautiful ceilings! I would definitely live there! :)

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a room there!! It's a dream of mine to have a log cabin. I need to start saving my pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you could have Ryon, Mae, and an take in a boarder to help you pay for owning the most expensive barn in the area. :)

    When you look at houses, do you then go look at the local shelter to see what dogs they have? I totally do that....also I look at the other farm animals I could get too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know R. I spent my entire childhood and adolescence growing up on a farm and it wasn't as glamorous as it's usually portrayed to be. It's still a beautiful place though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look gorgeous.. but i'm not a fan of animals and being so far from civilization.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As long as Amazon delivers, I would love to live there! Or pick it up and move it to a slightly more convenient place. But not too convenient.

    For me, the downstairs might end up with a pool table. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads