Death by a thousand scratches

Society6
I’m currently typing this blog post in an effort to keep my hands busy.  I’m sporting two mosquito bites on my face, several fly bites(!), and half a dozen more mosquito bites around my ankles, feet, and knees.  As if that wasn’t gross enough, my right foot was so puffy and swollen from one of these that I could barely fit it in my shoe on Friday.  To add insult to injury, the vast majority of these bites were obtained inside vs. outside.

Of course I’m scratching, as much as they tell you not to scratch - more irritation, permanent scarring, etc.  But I can’t not scratch.  Even the bites on my face that look oh-so-lovely already.  Benadryl and Cortizone anti-itch creams only provide extremely temporary relief.  It’s all annoying as hell and stretching my eggshell patience this Monday.  I suppose that’s one way that I know that summer has begun.  Dallas has had its first documented positive test for West Nile, and the OFF isn’t keeping the mosquitoes away.  Complete with a storm-driven headache, I think it’s all I can take of this week on a Monday, no less.  Maybe I’ll scratch myself into a new skin or into a new week even.



Comments

  1. Not fun at all. I have a huge bite at the moment at the top of my leg - discovered it last night. I started telling my other half about it at dinner, and she told me to shut up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no--to the mosquitoes and the headache. I hope the latter has eased up for you. Last weekend my wife helped her boss with a yard sale. They both were attacked by mosquitoes. But her boss had an ointment from Mississippi that completely eliminated the itch and swelling. I'll ask the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I have one big mosquito bite on my inner thigh that I must have scratched when I was sleeping coz it's now turned into one big-arse swollen bump:( Soooooo annyoing....I feel for yah, Rooth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I'm the only person in my family who ever seems to get mosquito bites even though we all live in the same house, so I sympathise. I like using Salonpas pads! It's meant for muscle aches I think, but I love the relief it gives my itches, and the pad keep me from scratching it -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Itchy bug bites are the worst. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( That sucks. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Hope the bugs stay away and that you start healing from their bites asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i can commiserate! mosquitoes LOVE me, and though my husband and i are outside equal amounts of time, i come in with 15 bites and he MIGHT have one. grr. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it strange that I think I've only seen one mosquito so far this year? They seem to be missing, I guess you've found all of them though. If I wasn't so late reading this, I'd send you something that's supposed to help with healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh. Squiters. Just reading this makes me itch. Here's hoping you got the worst of it out of the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As someone who is allergic to mosquito bites, this sounds like a version of hell.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of bug bites, I lost track immediately! I cannot believe you have so many and I know I would not be able to resist scratching them either. What is really shocking is that you got them indoors. The odds of that are so much lower, yet you have so many!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads