EOW No. 19 (at the beginning of the week whoops)


After a relatively quiet beginning of the year, at the end of March we made our long drive down to Corpus Christi to spend some time with Bryan's parents, who are staying down there for the spring.  We hauled the boat with us and then took the boat out in the bay, experiencing zero luck catching fish that we could eat.  The dogs ran around in the sand and everyone got a bit red and crispy from the sun.  Coming back to Dallas from the sand and surf was a welcome return, with Dalton and Mae waiting for me at the barn and some real spring weather right around the corner.  On the outskirts of Dallas, we did get into a minor fender bender - a lady swerved out of her lane and collided with our boat trailer (but not the boat).  Luckily no one was hurt and the damage on our end was pretty minimal.  I was already nervous hauling the boat 7 hours one way and didn't even do any of the driving.  Needless to say, this makes me even more apprehensive about pulling anything of size.

Last week I was on the road again, back to London for work.  There are no COVID restrictions in London - you don't even have to test anymore to get in.  I spent most of the time in the office, watching rain storms move in just as quickly as they moved out.  With both Bryan and I out of town, we missed the storms and second set of tornado warnings we've had this spring.  Luckily, the only thing that ended up hitting the house was some wind and rain, which we desperately need.  It was lovely to get home again and be able to open the windows and screen doors in the evening.

Now on to the fun things to share...

If you all are ever looking for book recommendations, I highly recommend this book blog.  It's written by our childhood friend Jennifer and she has been an avid reader ever since I can remember.  I oftentimes will pop over to The Bibliofile to see if she's covered any books that I've been eyeing and to also get her take on some of my recent reads. 

Spring time is birthday season in our household and I have sent Crumbl birthday cookies (made by someone else) to more people than I can count.  For someone who claims she doesn't like "sweet" things, my mom really enjoys these cookies, particularly the plain sugar ones.  I found this very easy recipe dupe here and baked them last night.  These cookies are a winner and I also love how they're bigger, which feel like a real treat.  I've already shared this recipe with two people.  Don't cut down the butter or the icing for the full Crumbl cookie experience.

DON’T CROSS ME BECAUSE I WILL GET MY REVENGE BY BEING MARGINALLY LESS PLEASANT THE NEXT TIME WE MEET - Never has an article resonated with me so much.  McSweeney's always wins for best online snark.

Y'all have a lovely week and enjoy the spring showers and flowers. 


Comments

  1. LOL that article sounds like it is a great read. Your trip sounded so relaxing. And it must be kind of exciting to work in London. I heard there are no restrictions there anymore, that is kind of nuts. But no more crazy then the state of NYC is in right now...

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun giving birthday cookies in this upcoming birthday season! Also, I'm glad the minor accident with the woman and boat hailer got solved and that no one was hurt. Here in Holland are zero Covid restrictions too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You working in London is blowing my mind a little, that is one killer commute.
    Good to hear it was only a minor fender bender and that you were also saved from the tornado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, being jetlagged during meetings is not fun but at least I'm only doing it every few months. Hope y'all are enjoying the spring weather!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on your friend's blog, Ruth! And yikes on the accident, but that's good to know it was only minor. I can totally understand the apprehension though.
    Belated happy bday to your mom:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we're lucky it was only minor, could've been way worse!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads