Eight Months Later (no, it's not what it sounds like)

Holy smokes, it’s been a full eight months since I’ve done a house post on my blog!  Which isn’t to say that I haven’t been scoping out the real estate market on the daily anyway.  I have always loved looking at houses and can remember going through the real estate classifieds in the newspaper with a highlighter when I hadn’t even hit double digits yet.  And I will probably always love looking at houses, even though it’s the most impractical thing I could do financially (okay maybe not the most impractical, that would be buying another horse) right now.  Speaking rather practically, in terms of a long-term investment the market in Dallas is still on fire and prices are inflated beyond the reasonable imagination.  Then, for me personally, there’s the whole irrational fear in establishing a place of permanence and let’s be honest, the only reason I would need more room would be to have more space to keep all my books.

Still, when you see a unique gem like the first house I’ve shared since January, you can see why I let my imagination run away with me a smidge.  This little mid-century ranch was built in the 1930's and is under 1,500 square feet.  Luckily the owners since haven’t completely gutted and modernized it.  It’d be lovely to scoop it up and preserve all the quirky innards (and why yes, that is a pool in the backyard).









Comments

  1. What a gorgeous place! I love the living room and pop of greens.

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are kinda house hunting now! What a dream to be able to live in a house like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plantings in the front need to be cleaned up a little, but I like this one! Interesting sink and lots of shelf space. Drain the pool and I'd have a great zombie trap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love looking at houses! At one point I wanted apartments too! They're so pretty... Just the possibilities of decorating them!

    xoxo,
    WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
    INSTAGRAM
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that backyard. Something about the red brick just feel so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those statement walls. We were thinking about doing one for our bedroom but then the whole painting business just got in over our heads and we completely chucked the idea. Still neat though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the title of the post! Hah! I've been missing your house tour posts...I feel like I could watch HGTV for hours, so this is always so fun for me. One day I'll have hardwoods in my bedroom...such a great look, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this place, you're right about it still having character! But not in a bad way like the ones I see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS - It's very weird, from a statistical likelihood standpoint, how many of my cousins were born at the 8 month mark. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That place would look good on you ;) So good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That place would look good on you ;) So good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love those build in shelves and the BIG sink in the kitchen. I'm actually on the market to buy a house (gulp - blog post coming soon!). So looking at houses is becoming my little thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that aqua-isn accent wall in the dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow time flies! Lovely home... looks comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love looking at your house picks. They're always gloriously filled with beautiful photos and all the WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, I do love this one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, that truly is a great place. Love the colors. And I definitely need more space for my books as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where do you find these houses?!?!? So gorgeous! They must be out of my price range ;) we are in the market--- looking at houses in Spring pending the sale of our current house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. While it has been too long since you made a house post, it was definitely worth the wait. These pictures are truly amazing to say the least. I love how crisp and clean each room looks. There is plenty going on in each room but the way that you have it positioned eliminates all that clutter and makes a great presentation.

    Wilbert Bowers @ Mirr Ranch Group

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads