One of the great Christmas classics, in my opinion, either read or watched is A Christmas Carol.  I had forgotten how touching this story was and after watching it tonight, I kind of teared up a little bit at the end when Scrooge becomes the embodiment of Christmas spirit all year round.  However, amongst the more awkward things I noticed about A Christmas Carol this year...

via here
Ever realize how creepy Anthony Walters playing Tiny Tim is in the 1984 tv movie of A Christmas Carol?  They may have over done the movie makeup because poor Tiny Tim looks like a young Edward Cullen.  Except scary.  And he kept saying "And God bless us every one" at the most awkward moments.  It's as if he couldn't remember his cue and just jumped into the dialogue wherever he could fit it in.  Poor kid.

via here
"Look here!  Beneath my robe!"  Has it never bothered anyone that the Ghost of Christmas Present, a bearded, robust and (admittedly) hairy man has two starving children (Want and Ignorance) hidden beneath his robe?  I think this has always bothered me at some level, even at a young age - partially because the children are always portrayed as scary, starving urchins but secondly because they're hidden beneath his robe!

Now that I've sufficiently creeped you out with a Christmas tradition, what are some other oddities around this time of year that you've noticed?