By now, y'all know I like receiving blog awards, like the Sunshine Award I recently got from Aki! at Seven Percent Solution.  And what do I like even more than receiving these awards and all of the recognition and praise that comes along with them?  Answering the questions about yourself!  It's like those old-fashioned chain letters except you get to talk about you the entire time.  Which is a win-win in my book.  So, if you're tired of reading about how awkward I am or have better things to do (don't we all?), skip the below and Happy Thursday to ya!

And now... for the Question and Answer session of the program.

Winter whites: Is this a style you would try?  My 2011 winter wardrobe was pretty much only black, white and grey - BOO.  That was old workety-work, boring, corporate Rooth.  For 2012, crazy, cabin-fever Rooth is here to play and dresses in things like NEON compression socks and NEON running tights.  If you want to do winter whites, cool.  But if you want to do winter brights?  Party's over here!

R and Y are my first and last initials - custom socks wuhoo!
Would you mix black and brown?  For casual clothing, yes.  But for business professional clothes, no.  Unless you work in fashion or in the technology industry, where what you wear is either extremely deliberate or extremely undeliberate.

Big, bulky and flashy jewelry or delicate, subtle pieces?  I would say delicate, subtle pieces except I don't wear jewelry really and the only thing I wear these days is a big fat Fuel Band that lights up like the Fourth of July (mine is the one that doesn't read GOAL in the picture below because it's too bright to read anything on the screen).  So I guess that's not so subtle.

Sister and I fueling up.  Ignore the chocolate liquor candies.   We were just trying something.
What is your favourite holiday?  Thanksgiving.  I pretty much wrote 20 bajillion posts about it last month so if you want a refresher, click on November 2012 over here -------------------------------------------->

What is the most overrated holiday?  Valentine's Day - I'm sorry but I think it's a waste of a holiday.  I do like hearts, candy and pink and white and red things but you don't even get the day off from work.  And also all of the single people in the world are angry on that day.  I bet ice cream and Kleenex sales do pretty well around February 14th.

What's one beauty tip that just seems weird to you?  Are you kidding?  All of them seem weird to me!

What's the winter weather like where you are?  Would you want it to be different?  It's finally cold(er) and I'm sick, so that's pretty much perfect.  I wish it was snowing like it is where Tina Jo lives but I'll just stare at her blog and Instagram pictures and imagine that I'm in a winter wonderland.

Do you collect anything weird?  That, boys and girls, is a loaded question.  Is this the moment that I reveal to you all that I secretly collect hair from strangers whose names end in "er" or that I'm the next contender on the show Hoarders?  Nope, sorry.  I don't collect weird things.  Unless you're talking about my friends.  Then the answer is yes, I collect REALLY weird things.

Tell us about an interesting first impression.  Meeting brussels sprouts.  At first, from the smell alone - which reminds one of a public rest stop next to a cattle feedlot, I thought he* was going to be rank and tough, with questionable hygiene.  Now I know that he's quite delightful roasted and served with bacon (okay that's not hard, anything is delightful served with bacon).

Do you have any frenemies?  If you don't have any, is your life worth living?


*Brussels sprouts here actually refers to a vegetable, it's not some cute nickname that I gave someone.  If you needed to read this asterisk to clarify that I wasn't roasting people, we obviously don't know each other well enough.