Reba House

This one is not like the others.  The houses I usually blog about are older homes that have been renovated and updated, with the latest style of flooring, appliances, etc.  This one is a tad bit different.  What's interesting is that even though this house was built more recently than the ones I typically blog about, I feel like it's actually older-looking in style and design, as if time has simply frozen for this home. 

It is simply called The Reba House and was built in the 1960s by Houston architect Arthur Kotch in the mid-century style, popular at the time.  The house stands at 3,371 square feet and has four bedrooms and 3.5 baths, although pictures of the bedroom were not made available.  It's also located in the prestigious River Oaks 'old-money' neighborhood in Houston and going for a cool $1.35mm.  The Reba House has been on the market since last fall, when the price tag was $1.9mm, so perhaps you would be getting a bargain!

Front entrance to the home, something different indeed

Imposing and ornate front door

Living room looking into the study - look at that tile!

1960s living room, which practically looks unaltered.  Was painted brick popular back then?

There's something about this dining room that makes me really like it, perhaps the divider?
 
Or potentially the stairs.  I haven't seen stairs like that in ages
 
Bright and sunny breakfast room.  I couldn't tell it was a breakfast room until I read the caption for this room

The study, which we saw a peek of earlier.  I think this is my favourite room in the house
 
The backyard - so that's where all the windows went


Comments

  1. Oh my! Looking at the photos I felt I was watching an old movie or a 60's TV show !! amazing !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very artistic hose !! Love this post dear!

    Veronica

    http://bittersweetcolours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talk about a blast from the past. This house reminds me of old homes in Caesarea. In act, I'm pretty sure I've seen a house front like this in one of the neighborhoods. The newer ones, though. Looks like an impenetrable fortress, doesn't it? The interior cries out for an update, a home renovator's dream. Almost open space concept, before there was an open space concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the house is amazing but i so love the front door! very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this really brings back memories.
    Look at the furniture.

    Cheers
    http://www.briscoz.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads