What happens when B gets a hold of a photobooth
I’ve been struggling this past week to fight off this cold; meanwhile we inch closer and closer to Christmas.  Beneath the flurry of tissues, I’m keeping calm this holiday season.  My tiny fake, pre-lit tree has been up since November and I snagged some copper twinkly lights off Amazon last week.  It may have taken me almost four years of living here to get my own tree but we’re finally festive!  The vast majority of my Christmas cards have gone out, and I am 90% done with my Christmas shopping.  I’ve been going crazy with wrapping - every single present is in a box and wrapped, even if it belongs in some other sort of more appropriate gift container.  What can I say, I love wrapping gifts (origami background anybody?) and the Santa octopus wrapping paper I bought from Target.  Other than the cold-which is creeping up into my head-thing and the horse-that is broken and tired-thing, I’ve got this Christmas stuff under control.

Because Christmas falls on a Sunday this year (next week!), it does make everything seem like a quick domino slide to the end.  My sister and her boyfriend get in next week, and then B and I are out at the end of next week, heading toward a white Christmas!  Michigan has been getting pounded with snow and **doesn’t show signs of stopping**!  For a native Texan, this is a big big deal.  I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve had a white Christmas.  Even better yet, we’re going to go to a holiday village AND skiing while we’re up there.  I’m packing my ski pants, base layers, wool socks, snow boots, gloves because let’s be honest, I’m going to be frozen the entire time we’re up in the Great White North.

Between the seesawing temperatures in Texas, the holiday parties and celebrations, planning for the bowl game we’re going to in January, and one very hopeful development, the end of the year is going to be a rodeo, which I’m attending in a very warm, very cheerful Santa onesie.  I’m not sure if we’re going up, down, sideways, or backward.  Hang on to your butts!