EOW No. 30


Has today been the most Mondayest of Fridays or what?  Let's hope that the weekend brings better and brighter things.  Thank you all for your kind words about my recovery.  I'm happy to report that I am recovering quickly and without any complications.  My lower back only has minor aches now and then and my chest has started to loosen up.  I started riding Mae (easier ride) last weekend and at first, she had to spook at every single thing in and around the arena, which turned an easy walk ride into a full workout.  However, after two days, she settled back down into her calm reliable self and she's happily puttering away while I try to recall where and what my back muscles are used for.  The plan is to resume all regularly scheduled programming next week (fingers crossed)!  Otherwise, it certainly has felt like spring has sprung early here in Texas.  We'll have temps up in the 80s next week (eep) and all the growing things are also starting to turn green.  It has felt like an incredibly short winter - I'm not ready for the creepy crawly things to start emerging from their hibernation quite yet.

Last week we had Bryan's parents come visit us for a week and I made these chocolate cherry cookies before they arrived.  One of my favourite snacks is dried tart cherries so incorporating them into a cookie was definitely an upgrade.

With my injured back and ribs, getting to sleep comfortably has been a challenge but using this lavender pillow spray has helped.  I've been using it for over six months now and can tell when I don't use it - I don't fall asleep quite as deeply during the night.

Lastly, Bowie and Bryan have been going on multiple bird hunts this year and both of them have brought back plenty of birds to stock our freezer.  We've been making jalapeno dove poppers but this same tip can be used in making regular jalapeno poppers.  Instead of using cream cheese, use goat cheese.  Trust me, I'm not the kind of person who will snack on a log of goat cheese on its own but in a popper format, the goat cheese is tangy and salty and a much better accompaniment than cream cheese.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

  1. OMG those cookies look amazing. And the poppers also sound delicious. I will just snack on goat cheese alone and love it with just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know another popper substitution is using pancetta instead of bacon... but I'm not that fancy :)

      Delete
  2. Good to hear you are recovery nicely. I heard about all the benefits of tart cherries and tried to add it to my snacking rotation.. not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL they are pretty sour so if you're not a fan of sour things, you probably wouldn't like them

      Delete
  3. glad you are healing well and feeling better!! I am not a fan of poppers but agree goat cheese would be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that you're doing much better, Ruth. Ack! I can only imagine the sleeping situation but yay for that pillow:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're recovering well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads