Another barndominium!

I love the idea of these barn / home combinations.  This particular one sits on 12 acres (!!!) with two ponds and is selling for a cool million.  Unlike the previous one I shared this fall, this home is over 4,000 square feet and has four bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.  I believe the current owners are using it as a weekend getaway; they've kept the furnishings and decor to a minimum.  Unfortunately, there are zero stalls but plenty of room to build those.  Let's be honest, with the amount of room available in the downstairs great room, you could keep a herd of horses (and a few dogs) inside with you.  I always said Ryon would love the opportunity to chill out on the couch, watch football, and eat chips with us. 

I know I know, the AC bill in the summer is going to be as massive as this barn.  The upstairs is going to be unbearable hot, regardless of how much marble and granite you throw at it.  And all of the bugs in Texas will get inside if I always have the roll up doors open.  But how awesome with this house be as a party space?  It's also underneath an hour to my office in Dallas.

You could say I've been suckered in with the polished concrete floors and the string lights looped all around the interior.  Or the stark contrast of industrial white against all that green.  In any case, I'm dreaming of a warm spring evening, lounging in the breezeway with a beer in hand and the doors up.











Comments

  1. I'm not in love with the materials used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not as organic as the one I posted last fall

      Delete
  2. Whoa! 12 acres?!?! And I really love how open this space is, and the concrete floors... me and the kiddos can skateboard in there! Great pic, Rooth:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woowwwwww that is ridiculously cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great take on a barn.. such an interesting space

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa--way cool! I like looking at pictures of huge homes or visiting friends with them...but I don't think I'd actually like all of the work involved in actually living in a large home! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this one . . . though I do love the office. So, there's that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I'm more into compact spaces such as a Tiny House concept but this house
    looks beautiful! So much light a space! Xx
    ice pandora

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads