Torchy's Tacos

Goodnight!  That's the one word that sums up the food experience that one has at Torchy's.  This past weekend, I went to Torchy's Tacos in the Austin, Texas 1st Street Trailer Park and - Goodnight! - I love their green chile pork tacos.  As described by their menu, this taco is made up of slow-roasted pork carnitas simmered with green chilies and topped with queso fresco, cilantro, onion and a wedge of lime served with two corn tortillas.  All the flavors are married together perfectly and the cilantro and lime add something special to it.  I could eat these for days and not get tired of them.


Frenchie's mom ordered the fried avocado taco, which is a hand-battered, fresh avocado fried and served with vegetarian refried beans, topped with pico, lettuce and cheese and topped with a poblano sauce.  Although the rest of us loved the green chile pork the best, she enjoyed this one a lot better. 



Each of these tacos are less than $4 but you definitely can't just eat one.  I also love the fact that they come out of a food truck.  I've never waited less than 15 minutes in line for these and they have been worth it every single time.  I know the next time I should try another type of taco but I can't waste stomach room on a non-carnitas taco.  Goodnight!

To come... more food weekend stories 

Comments

Popular Reads