Dope-yo!

Around two / three years ago, my morning breakfast used to be doppio espressos on ice from Starbucks.  I could down one of those suckers in the morning followed up by a latte in the afternoon.  Those days, I was pulling 100+ hours a week and delirious half the time I was at work.  Since then, I've been able to tone it down to one tall caramel macchiato a morning and have that as my only caffeine intake during the day.  Today, as a tribute to the past, I had a doppio espresso on ice and my head almost exploded.  I got the shakes almost immediately and was bouncing around the office looking for food and things to keep my hands and feet still.  I had to retype everything during the afternoon because my fingers were going twice as fast as normal and typos were running rampant through my emails.

I'm glad that I have lower caffeine tolerance than I used to - it's good to know that espresso will do it for me and I won't have to take NoDoze like in the old days (bad idea).  Caffeine is no longer my coping mechanism for stress.  What are your stress relievers?  Any caffeine addicts out there?

Comments

Popular Reads