This house, you guys

As y’all know, I look at a ton of houses (the number of Hey Homey posts is almost up to 150) on the daily and this is by far the ugliest house I have ever seen.  I don’t even know how I decided to click on it amidst the hundreds of real estate listings.  Maybe the antiquated awnings?  Or fate.  Probably fate.

The inside of this house is like a time capsule.  It’s as though someone sealed up the home 50 years ago and opened it up around a week ago.  For what it is, this house is pristine.  I think, actually I know, all of the original elements have been maintained, from the wallpaper to the carpet.  And even in its unbelievable ugliness, I couldn’t help but keep coming back to look at this house.  The colour combinations in each room and the design elements are so horrid as to be charming, if not only to make me wonder and marvel at what possessed someone to make those original decisions and also keep it that way for the last 50+ years.  The breakfast nook might be my favourite room out of all of them because wallpaper.  And can someone tell me what that floor is?  Is that carpet?   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS - This house is going for over half a mil.  Just thought you ought to know.












Comments

  1. oh my oh my. those pink tiles and carpet..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, look at that haha! half a million. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wallpaper. i can't even.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is AWFUL!!!!! Love your little "emoticon" formed with several key strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am kind of in to that bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the awnings over the upstairs windows. Awesome! My back windows need awnings...or well placed patio umbrellas. I hope that's not carpet in the pink tiled bathroom. I do like the double sink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you might have been exaggerating until I scrolled down. That is someone with conviction at least. And someone who really liked that ratty looking brown carpet everywhere......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Ew! But there is something about this house that is quite charming and..fun haha.

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ehrmahgerd! Half a million?!?! But you know, I can see the charm of this house. It's like living in "That 70's Show"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear that is rather hideous. I do like a couple of the botanical wallpapers but not with everything else, especially that "carpet" (what is it, really?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing!
    Have a nice day!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my, look at that wallpaper... :))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa. Holy couches batman... I remember when my parents owned couches like that. Thank goodness that's over...

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wallpapered ceilings and carpeted bathrooms. I don't even know what else to say...

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Rooth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my . . .

    The outside looks charming--and the fireplace. So I'm sure the bones are good. But I can't get past . . . everything else. I just . . . I can't . . .

    Also, I wonder if the inhabitants suffered a lot of migraines? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads