Photo Courtesy of Food52
A one-sided conversation about Food52's pumpkin cake (or why cooking for my family is difficult):


**sigh**


I know what you’re about to say.  You wish this pumpkin cake had nuts, specifically walnuts.

No, of course I welcome the criticism.  Please share, what else would make it taste better?

Oh and raisins / cranberries?  You think so, don’t you.

Well since I’m the pastry chef, this is how the pumpkin cake turned out.  No nuts, no berries, no dried grapes.  Those are not dessert-y things.

I know it’s similar to banana bread but it’s not bread.  It’s a cake...

Yes, I do think cake is ruined by nuts.  And cookies.  No nuts in my cookies.  Why would you do that to a dessert?

C’mon, it’s got cream cheese icing.  What else could you ask for?  There is no way that nuts are better than cream cheese.  It's practically topped with cheesecake.


**sigh**


Fine, next time I’ll add nuts.  And raisins.