And we can't stay healthy

Milking the stall rest
The Maeby limp is back with a vengeance.  I rode her on Friday afternoon - she was fine if not a little hyper but settled down after a longer-than-normal warm up.  On Saturday, her pasture buddy’s owner noticed that she wasn’t resting any weight on her hind right out in the paddocks.  There was no swelling, no heat, and no visible cuts or abrasions on her leg or on any other part of her body.  My trainer went out later and checked that her feet were fine and indeed - no swelling of any kind.  Both days that I went out to see her this weekend, she was limping, trying to keep weight off that leg, and not her usual nosy self.  There still isn’t any swelling and nothing seems wrong with her hoof.  There is a touch of heat around the fetlock joint and on Sunday, she started to rest some weight on it, which I take as a good sign.  We’re calling the vet out to see her (again).  I really like our vet, but I'm getting tired of receiving his letters in the mail (read: bills).

I’m hopeful that it’s nothing but a sprain that she sustained when she was out fooling around outside and a few days of stall rest will set her right but we’ll see.

On the plus side, her back is healing up beautifully.  Sigh.


Update: It was an abscess!  Whew!


Comments

  1. aw i'm sorry :( maybe it'll end up just being something simple but dramatic like an abscess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for an abscess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know it's an abscess. Gosh...Rooth, she does love to keep you on your toes! ANyhoo, sending her more healing vibes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I'm so glad she's going to be fine. I really want a horse of my own now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this! Though I'm glad it is just an abscess. I really hope she is doing fine!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. man! poor girl! hope she is better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when animals are in pain. :( I hope it's gonna be alright.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww poor baby. I do hope she's feeling much better and stronger now.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooof! 'Glad it wasn't something more serious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads