The Phases of Being Sick

For the past two weeks, I've been sick.  During what turned into Phase I of my illness, I was struck down by fever, chills and aches, which turned into three days of incapacitation.  I beat a path between the bed and the couch, dragging my snuggie behind me every step of the way.  Oddly enough, I did not have any of the symptoms associated with a usual Phase I, including but not limited to: coughing, sneezing, running nose, etc.

I thought I was in the clear, stayed late at work and played tennis outside during the weekend, but a week later, Phase II appeared with typical Phase I progression - creeping congestion, fatigue and then a runny nose.  Two days later, I was hit with another low grade fever.  My regular body temperature registers around 97.5 and when I hit around 98.5, I pulled out my snuggie again and started popping DayQuil.

Today I'm ending my first full week of Phase II and completely convinced that if it lurches into Phase III, I'm quitting my job and sleeping for a year straight.

Comments

  1. I hope you get through the coming winter without experiencing any of those Phases.

    Do you really have a snuggie???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads