Tech tip

One of the bonuses of getting into the startup environment is the opportunity to converse and exchange ideas and resources with people who are heavily involved in the technology arena.  I am fortunate enough that the founder of the organization I am working with is well-versed in technology and can find a quick, free fix to any technical problem that I've run into.  He's also the one that recommended the super slick new laptop that I have (and love) so I listen to all of his advice on this topic.

Example:  Have people told you that they can't access your blog and then you're frantically calling random people up and asking them to check your site and see if the content is still there?  Not to worry anymore, enter "Down for everyone or just me?"  Just go to the website (yes, it's literally www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com) and type in the website that you think is down.


Tada!  In less than a second, you can see if your site is really down or if it's just one user.  I hope this is one tech tip that will help you out the next time you're in a jam.

Comments

  1. ahan ..nice :)
    Just found your blog.Following it.Care to follow back ?
    have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very interesting... will keep it around in case it comes in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is!!! I did that a few weeks back to my brother.
    Then he said he would call me back.
    Talk about torture. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love easy tech tips. Seems I'm always having some kind of weird technology issue. I like to think it's my magnetic personality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Site going down is an awful thought- I will def make note of this site. Thanks for the tip & happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be bookmarking this for sure - great to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! :)

    http://www.happypaperplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I'm writing this down...NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads