Read it and EEEP!

Society6
Have you let yourself have a good fright this month?  The internets are a-crawling with all types of spooky, creepy, eeriness and as we're right on top of Halloween, throw off the security blankets for a few moments and immerse yourself in these terrifying tidbits.  Happy Halloween and happy haunting my friends.

Atlas Obscura - Where you can find the spookiest places close to where you are right now.  Looking for a creepy destination within walking or driving distance?  This'll get you right where you want / don't want to be.

I bet you never thought of Toast as scary.  Except for that link at The Toast that takes you to all kinds of free and freaky online stories, in order of scariness.  Scroll to the last one and read it if you dare.

Heard of the Slender Man?  What about creepypasta?  If you have no idea what I'm talking about and want to sleep with all the lights on tonight, go here.  This gave me goosebumps the first time I read it.  And it's only the explanation of what creepypasta is.  If you want to journey further down the rabbit hole, make sure to leave a trail of crumbs.  Because we all know how well that worked out.

If you love both horror movies and reading (this is everybody, I hope), then you'll love this list of graphic novels for horror movie lovers from Panels.  I am almost done with the Locke and Key series (excellent, highly recommend it) and have two of these other books on order.  Want some more comic books for Halloween?  NPR recommends four books here, including Neil Gaiman (how can you not include him?).


Comments

  1. That Afterlife with Archie from the Panels list sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween to you too! My brother told me all about slender man last year and I wanted no part of it. I kind of maybe scare easily, tho it doesn't stop me from watching scary movies sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek! Thank you anyway, but I don't really love to be scared . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary suggestions are always welcome! I'm reading Dracula at the moment and it's excellent. Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope. Nope nope nope. I'm not a fan of anything spooky or scary, so Halloween is basically my nightmare holiday. Don't take it personally if I ignore all your no-doubt fabulous reading suggestions, and scamper off to Buzzfeed to see a list of cat gifs. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'm kind of obsessed with Atlas Obscura now. I'm looking up all the 1920's mob executions by my neighborhood - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Halloween! I will surely watch a horror movie tonight! I love spooky things so thank you so much for sharing Atlas Obscura! Now I am dying to visit some of the places!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, did you hear the TLDR podcast from the man who created Slenderman? It got away from him and is now thought of as something real? :) http://www.onthemedia.org/story/managing-monster/

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, that abscura link is awesome because I've always wanted to photograph in a spooky place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Halloween! Thanks for the spooky links, I will head for the rabbit hole.

    An episode of Gothham featured a Goat man, which is related to one of our local legends-/about a gov't experiment gone wrong. Don't venture too close the the edge of the woods once dusk is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, you know I adore you, but no thank you. I don't like creepy or spooky and having people constantly knocking at your door pretty much make Halloween a nightmare scenario for this introvert (see what I did there?).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, I can't do spooky. I'll send this to my friend who adores horror though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Atlas Obscura site...so much stuff to find on there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! I'm forwarding this post to my guy. He'd definitely appreciate the list of graphic novels and books (he likes Neil Gaiman too).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads