Long hair, yes or no?


Via Pinterest

Okay, my dears, I need some advice.  At this point, my hair falls halfway down my back and has been the longest that it has ever been in my entire life.  I am quite unsure about what to do with it.  It is thick, wavy and dark, without bangs or layers.  It hasn't been dyed in over a year and a half and I'd like to keep it uncoloured.  I spend approximately 5 - 10 minutes on it in the morning (5 minutes to blow dry and 10 minutes if the mood strikes me to straighten) and it takes around an hour to completely air dry.  I don't have the patience for crazy updos and the most complicated I get is tangling it into a snarly fishtail before work. 

Which brings me to the work issue.  I work in a conservative office environment and I'm not in fashion / advertising / design where my look can be more creative and daring.  My most creative look is a pony tail.  I want to maintain whatever semblance of a professional appearance that I still might have and don't want butt-length hair to get in the way of my career progression, so to speak.

That said, I love being able to use hair as an accessory and 'try' to make it do fancy things for different occasions.  I like that I am still the age where I can wear it long, as I've never had long hair as a child or teenager.  To make it clear, I don't want to grow my hair down to my waist for practicality's sake.

So... Do I cut it all off?  Do I get some sort of office-stylish haircut?  Just how long is too long?  Any ladies with long locks know how to wear it well professionally?

Comments

  1. DON'T CUT IT!!!!
    I would KILL for your hair!! I've got *such* straight hair, and it's super fine so looks thin if it's long. So I have to keep it short. But I pine for long, thick hair like yours!! I say keep it. Screw the office hair politics! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't cut it! email me and i'll give you suggestions. sheletsherhairdown@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear please don't cut it! Have you heard of the blog A Cup of Jo? She has lots of cute, easy style ideas for long hair! I'm trying to grow mine out and oh how I wish it was as long as yours!

    Though I do love a nice Audrey Hepburn short cut. I'm sure you could rock it!

    gilead in bloom


    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your hair looks great both long and short. Do what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads