Spring forward

After a weekend cooped up inside because of the 'cold front' that we had, I promised myself that I'd get out and be active.  Enjoy nature - forget about allergies, West Nile and any other potential hazards of the outdoors.  Not surprisingly, all that Vitamin D put me in a much better mood - a better way to kick off the new week.  Optimism, abound!

And that's how I feel about this house of the week.  Although it's not in my taste or style at all, I have to say that I'm a fan, especially of that kitchen.  Oh that kitchen.  I could see that kitchen being a real honest-to-goodness kitchen that gets used often, with friends and family gathered around and some goodies baking in the oven.  There's a fireplace in the master bedroom for some of you bloggers who like that and also a HUGE craft room / office.

I hope that you all did something this weekend that makes you look forward to Monday and here's to starting off the week off right.











Comments

  1. I would move there assuming all the furniture left. I do like the house and all the light.

    Hooray for a nice weekend! I helped my parents burn brush and I planted some seeds, but I don't think I ever watered them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND it has your library in it. YOu know I'm a huge fan of the gigantic island in the kitchen. I love all the white in the house. So clean and crisp.

    I'm glad you were able to enjoy the fresh air this weekend. It really was nice not to be attacked by the pollen, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm-hmm, the kitchen, bookshelves, and fireplace . . . . I can see it. With a little color, this home holds promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy guacamole! That kitchen! That office! I actually think this is one of my fave houses you've posted, Rooth:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There´s a lot to like here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely feels the most like a REAL family home, not just an Architectural Digest spread, haha. But that being said, it's just a bit too beige for my taste. Though I do love that bookshelf wall in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That home office is a DREAM! All that storage space is making my inner New Yorker twitch with envy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That kitchen and that office - my dream spaces. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, what's with the huge office??? love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think its the layout of that house, its pretty awesome!! where do you find all these great houses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love how bright it is... have a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! that IS a beautiful kitchen. Why in the world do they need an office the size of my entire house, though?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What I wouldn't do for a kitchen like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too many book shelves! :)
    But I love the enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it is a lovely home :) I wouldn´t mind lying on that sofa and reading a good book...bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The craft room is really nice. I want it in my space right now. Just hae to shrink it a little bit but yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads