Easy does it

On a mild, sunny day, the people are out.  They're exposing arms, legs, shoulders, midriffs, glowingly-pale body parts that haven't seen the light of day in... oh, a year or so?  The people - they're taking a turn in the park, pushing prams, pulling leashes or arm in arm with their best gal / guy.  For once, their heads are not pointed down at the pavement but up and on a swivel, pointing and gazing at the water, at the skyline, at the others strolling about.  Picnic blankets are spread out on lawns and park benches are all occupied with the people - eating or reading or just catching a quick cat nap.

I pull my sleeves down a little bit lower and zip up my jacket.  Sure, I've donned sunglasses but still look about, confused and amused.  19 Celsius (66 Fahrenheit) is really warm enough, delightful enough here to be called summertime.  Is warm enough for people to wear tank tops and flip flops.  But hey, why not?  When in London, do as the Londoners do.

The contagious easy going attitude from this past weekend also translates into the house of the week - I'm in love with the living room, can you tell?  The quaint and cute fireplace, funky chairs and sofa, not to mention sliced trunk of a coffee table with hairpin legs.  Plus all the shelving!  That may just be enough to fit my entire library collection.  If I double stacked the books.  I hope you all have an easy going start to your week and happy Monday.












Comments

  1. What a handsome little fellow!

    As for temps, funny thing is, around these parts, the 50s and 60s (F) in spring is the call for shorts and flip flops--in the fall, chunky sweaters and fur coats. Hope springs eternal . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that screened porch. That would be soooo nice to relax in during the summer....sigh.....
    Happy Monday to you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't Europeans funny about their weather? The moment it got above 65 here my friend went and laid out in a bikini in a park near her apartment here. She's Swedish, though, so that might make more sense. At home though, people never lay out in the sun/warm weather unless it's in the high 70s or 80s. We have stricter requirements, apparently :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am weird about the weather. It needs to be at least 80 degrees to make me wear tank tops or sandals. I am so in love with this living room table! It is fantastic!
    Sending lots of good vibes to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It doesn't look all the big on the outside but on the inside? Wowza. I could totally see myself living here. How much does a place like this usually go for? I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! People always have an extra pep in their step when spring rolls around. This house is beautiful - I love the wood & stone combo of that fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, come on, it's been more than 19 degrees today!!! maybe I've lived here too long, but even I was wearing sandals and a tank top today. that must be saying something :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you summed up the gorgeous weather! And what a beautiful home too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this reminds me of my grandfather, if there was even a hint of sun he'd be in shorts and ride his bike over just bubbling with glee. i think i got my love of summer from him. but unfortunately i didn't get the same love of shorts ;)

    i love that little sunroom! i'd would love to have one and turn it into an office! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's 58 right now and I'm practically sweating so I guess it's all relative. :)

    I love the wallpaper in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, there's not one thing I don't love about that house. Perfectly proportioned and just right. The living room might be my favorite too. Gorgeous wall paper, gorgeous fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading this post! You really have a way with a pen (or rather a keyboard;P)! Sounds lovely and I wish I could be in London:)
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great house, front to back, top to bottom! I'm in. :)
    Regardless of the season, 66 has me wearing a jacket--and wearing real shoes, but I do that in any temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This may be my favorite house, so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads