In which I literally scream

etsy shop
Rick, Katrin, Jeanine, and I have all been chatting about ice cream since this past weekend.  What flavours we're planning on eating, where we're buying it from, with what frequency we're going to eat it, in what quantity and what form, etc etc etc.  And now we're discussing what flavours we're planning on inhaling in advance of this upcoming weekend.  So, the way I see it, since last week, I've been literally screaming for ice cream.  Because the honest question is: what else in life is really worth screaming for?

The scene is now set for why, yesterday I finally caved and ordered an ice cream maker.  Cross that off the summer to-do list in red pen and then also cross off Getting WAY Fat.  But know what you should not do after ordering an ice cream maker?  Look up homemade ice cream recipes.  Do y'all know how much heavy cream, sugar, and eggs go into ice cream?!?!  Cue second set of screams.

If you don't, I'm not going to ruin it for you.  I'll leave you to your ignorance and bliss.  But I now know where the extra pound-age is coming from.  Oh, I'm still going to make ice cream this weekend.  Wild horses (or Ryon) couldn't drag me away from the task at hand.  Just ignore me if I'm jogging in place whilst I'm making it.


PS - Seriously, I'm not pregnant.


Comments

  1. I ignore the ingredient list when I eat ice cream:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A member of our supper club bought an ice cream maker and made homemade ice cream for our last supper club before summer. AH-MAZ-ING. Seriously. I'm really trying not to get new things, but sorely tempted. (I may have to just borrow hers.) BUT! I'm reading gelato recipes and they tend to have less sugar and fat. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lactose intolerance rears its ugly head when it comes to ice cream (and milk, but strangely not cheese?) so I've never had a taste for ice cream. Sure, I've down an obligatory pint of cookie dough when going through a breakup, but I mostly prefer lemon sorbet. THAT is like crack to me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice cream definitely a good topic to talk about.I need to get an ice cream maker as well. Which will make me eat even more ice cream but I am okay with that. I am really loving just plain vegan vanilla ice cream recently. Of course I add chocolate and caramel sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, I had the most disgusting coconut ice cream yesterday. it might take me a while before I venture down that lane again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we made strawberry fennel ice cream last year in our little ice cream maker and you know what? it was the best ice cream ever. okay maybe not, but it was really really good. and so easy. i need to get that thing out again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just reading this now after telling you I was planning on eating ice cream for dinner. And I did.

    You can make ice cream with vanilla almond milk {Trader Joe's has an unsweetened one that's about 40 calories and probably a ton of fat}. I did it and it's good, I'll try to find you a recipe so you can alternate it with the milk and eggs one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah what a great post! I am a huge huge fan of ice cream and homemade ice cream sounds delicious:) Yumm!!
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard that ice cream has no calories if you eat it directly from the storage container....just skip the bowl.

    Richard is a great boy's name. Just saying... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're buying an ice cream maker too! Now I think we should also get a corresponding gym membership :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. heavy cream, sugar, and eggs -- um, that's why it tastes so good :). I've made a batch of sorbet in our ice cream maker (less sugar, no dairy, no eggs) but I don't think I let it spin enough to get a good creamy consistency. Our ice cream was soooooo much better :). I might make sherbet next, which is sorbet but with cream. Anywho, enjoy the ice cream making process! The fruits of your labor are delicious! It also helps to have a 3-yr old around to eat all of the ice cream so I don't have to eat it all ;).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ice cream is so worth gaining weight for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah ha ha. Yes, just leave me to my ignorance. Although, I think if you told me, it would just go in one ear...and straight to my thighs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads