Summer sweep

Just about every surface in my home is spilling over with books.  You'd also think I was running a daycare with the number of cheerios wedged between the cushions of my sofa.  Not the honey nut kind, the bland cardboard kind they feed to babies.  No, I haven't hatched a brood of my own while I've been away, I've been eating them of my own volition.  Clothes, clean and dirty, lie heaped up on my dresser and shoes are tossed about like they've been at sea.  Is summer cleaning a thing?  Because I desperately need to clear some time on the calendar to take care of that.  Instead, I've been curled up (with my box of bland cheerios) reading hot water bottle books and allowing my anglophilia to develop even further.

What about a broad, bold stroke to dash it all away and replace it instead with this modern masterpiece?  I cannot get over the downstairs living space in this home.  I think I might need to extend the bookshelf in the living room a bit more to fit my absurdly large collection but I could manage to throw the biggest and best book club parties around that monster kitchen island.  And then we could segue that into a big pool party afterward.  Sounds like an idyllic summer evening, doesn't it?











Comments

  1. Count me in at that party! And yeah...books are all over our house too....I've given up on corralling them in....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I move in, please? Such a fantastic place. And I know what you mean, I have books all over my place. I really need some more space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful house. I like the black and white gallery wall frames at the entrance and how they managed to add lots of storage space in every corner to make it clutter free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. what a house/home!! I'm visiting a friend at the moment who just got a house. six rooms to renovate and do with as you wish. I'm so jealous. I feel like nesting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool house. I don't think I've seen one with that type of second floor deck.

    May I slip into the party even if I don't read the book???

    ReplyDelete
  6. summer cleaning is a thing for me. i think for most people it's spring cleaning but i never get around to it until summer ;)

    oh this house! i love the outside, the windows and that kitchen island.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the neverending quest for additional bookshelf space. I think we're going to have Jamal's dad build us a built-in shelving system behind our sofa this summer. We shall see. And ain't no shame in your Cheerio game! I love plain Cheerios. So yummy to snack on by the handful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been eating up books this summer too! Don't know what's gotten into me ;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful home but I am aghast at the price.



    ps. OT: OMGosh, I have always wanted to use aghast in a sentence. I have a long list of 'em, so don't mind me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheerios!!!!! I love the house so much I want to chain myself to the counter so I can live there. You've seen what I look at to buy and this is a whole other universe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That house is gorgeous! I love the kitchen, makes me wish I hadn't gotten rid of my bertoia bar chairs...
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how clean this house is. The lines are fantastic! The little pops of color are so fun as well!

    I remember I once accidentally bought the plain Cheerios instead of the Honey Nut variety. I was quite sad for a few weeks, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads