Mad respect

Bienvenido to the first weekend of summer - it is (and has been, I suppose) officially HOT down in the dirty dirty south.  I won't waste time playing the "it's so hot..." game with you guys yet but suffice it to say that Ryon is now on two different types of electrolytes for all the sweating that happens down here.  As befitting for the first weekend of summer, on Katrin's suggestion, my parents and I tried coconut milk ice cream this weekend.  Pardon my French, but that sh*t is legit. If anyone is going dairy-free or simply just curious, I highly recommend the So Delicious Coconut Milk Passionate Mango ice cream.  I dare you not to eat the entire carton in one sitting.

This week's home is a little contentious - I already know in advance that many of you are not going to like it.  The colour scheme is BOLD.  Pairing oddly matched area rugs for each room of the house with incongruous patterns and colours?  Bold.  Painting the ceiling of your kitchen orange?  Bold.  Keeping the wood paneling in the master bedroom?  Bold.  Honestly though in my opinion, either go big or go home.  Somehow for me, it all kinda works - everything together, not matching but kind of matching at the same time.  The warm glow that the crazy kitchen ceiling casts over everything makes it kind of homey.  And hello, double oven?  Also, two adorable fireplaces in a home that isn't even over 1,800 square feet?  From a style standpoint, this place blows some of the McMansions I've featured right out of the water.










Comments

  1. I freakin' love this place. I don't know about the orange ceiling for me but otherwise, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really digging the bold colours, Rooth! And yeah...double oven....sigh....

    PS I've never tried coconut milk ice cream....time to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want an orange ceiling!
    Yay! I am so happy you like the ice cream! I could eat one carton each day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of non-white ceilings, not probably wouldn't keep the orange. I do like the kitchen and the fireplaces.

    I've tried coconut ice milk, but not coconut milk ice cream. That goes on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love this one--especially the fireplace with the orange tile! And coconut milk ice cream? Oh, my . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend. I *do* like this house. I wasn't expecting to after just reading your description, but I really do like it. The pops of orange in each room just work. You'd never expect it to be so compelling. And two fireplaces? Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one and I agree with your sentiments on color!!! My parents have a bedroom set from the 70s like the dining room furniture that I've already claimed when they don't want it anymore.

    What I'm not sure about is coconut ice cream, but I'm not supposed to eat coconut so I can't verify the taste for myself. It's really hot here too (for me, relatively the same heat as Texas), and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to eat anything but locally made ice cream last weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha, I don't particularly like it, but not because it's bold, it's just not me. otherwise I fully agree with you. either do it or don't. no staying in the safe in-between zone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh i was so prepared to cringe a bit when i scrolled down but really i like the house. of course i can imagine that i'd change out a few of those rugs and maybe repaint the ceiling in the kitcen, but i love the bedroom rug and that dining room paint color is so pretty! i actually like the panelling in the bedroom too! and trust me you are beating us in the heat, it's going to be raining this week :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads