At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd - oh what the hell - I spent the weekend completely obliterating books.  My poor August reading record was bothering me and I really just needed a quiet weekend in, on the couch, wrapped up in a good graphic novel / Stephen King / book about books (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - thank you Shalini!).  Some of you may call it hiding, I call it exploring other worlds in a reclined position.  In all seriousness though, it was lovely.  And never fear, I will share my recommended reads with you quite shortly as we're coming up against another monthly recent reads entry (can you believe it!?).

For those of you who are starting a new school year tomorrow, best of luck!  May the first day be the start of a new adventure.

And for the rest of us, try to close your mouths as you gawp and gawk at the pictures of this Gulf of Mexico beachside vacation home in Galveston.  I know it'd be perfect for your Labour Day weekend getaway.  Dibs.  Okay, maybe at 5,200 square feet, it'd be big enough to share.