A hunting we shall go

This week's home was particularly hard to find, I'll admit.  Combine a crippling caffeine headache with an overactive, overaggressive real estate market, it's turned what has typically been a fun exercise of picking the best new find of the week to flipping through pictures of beige box after beige box, with an overtly staged home scattered in there to mix it up.  The "hot" market here has demanded removal of financing / moving contingencies on house offers so a lot of those houses that would have been wonderful to feature have been cleared out and stripped down and made as vanilla as possible so prospective buyers can dress it up in their minds as to how they see fit.

The home featured today was built in the 1920s and still retains a lot of the grand old character of that era.  It's certainly elegant, I think I counted at least four chandeliers scattered throughout.  However, the cutest thing about this house is that despite the beautiful furnishings and gleaming floors, there are children's toys scattered throughout.  A real family lives here (hello dollhouse and train set in the gorgeously dramatic dining room) and that's refreshing to see after all of the squarish, squeaky clean homes I've been looking through.













Comments

  1. Gah, so sorry you had one of those headaches! I do applaud your devotion to this series, working through that pain must've been a biotch. I'm so with you on "beige box after beige box." Ugh, is there anything less attractive? I like that this is a HOME not just a HOUSE. And hello, that dining room flooring. My god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell the house is lived-in, which I must say I do like when looking at pics of houses. Makes it more real, you know.
    I'm really liking that blackboard in the kitchen:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this home! And I hate those headaches too :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i could do something with this house :) i love all the rooms, perfect sizes and lots of windows and interesting architectural details. i am sorry you had one of those headaches! i hate those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s a great house, good base! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also really like how it looks like a lived-in house. My favorite part is how the kitchen and the living room are separate but kinda combined with the "openness".

    ReplyDelete
  7. that front door tho! :O

    love the elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how stately brick homes look - hope I get to live in one one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The house is really nice, and I'm glad it's not annoyingly staged as well. I love the kids toys and the we'll do what we feel like attitude when selling it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful house, a nice combination of formal and livable. I love the front porch and door and that's the most realistic looking play kitchen I've ever seen...I'd want that to convey.

    Hope that's your last headache until you're 100.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your headache is gone! Feel better soon!
    Love that house. I could imagine living there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads