Fall footwear

Guess who got new boots just in time for the fall?  Or should I say, a new boot?  That's right, my great big furry guy.  So in actuality, it's not that funny - last week he sliced his leg open on some chicken wire outside - but he is SO pathetic that it makes you go "aww" and then laugh at the exact same time.  But don't let his sorrowful face fool you too badly, he should be right as rain in a few days.

When I visit him now, he puts his head down and noses my hands (looking for treats) but then heaves a huge sign of relief when I pull his friend out for a ride instead of him.  I hand walked him for 10 minutes tonight and you would have thought we were dead men walking, he dragged his feet so much.  And then of course, his poop-eating neighbor shrieked for him the entire time, as if we-were-never-coming-back-and-I'm-taking-away-your-friend-who-you-bite-in-the-face-forever.

Ahh, if this is the spice of life, then it may just be time for me to switch to saltines and water.


Comments

  1. So he has a flair for the dramatic and is milking his condition. He has character! Maybe in a week he'll be put out if he's not chosen for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor guy :( at least he has a mummy who loves him and gives him treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little shmoo. I had a mare that was FOREVER lame for one reason or another. I remember at one point my trainer saying "I think she may just be faking it...". Horses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh kisses! XOXOXO Poor bud. Aren't animals the best? We had a dog who would only limp when we were watching (she'd sliced her leg on something too) and then she'd forget which leg she'd hurt! He's lucky to have you Rooth. And you're lucky too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor guy...but at least, he's ok and will be better soon:)
    PS He does look adorable in the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor fellow . . . and yet smart. Working it to get treats? My kind of . . . horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little guy! I hope he will be fine soon! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww hope he heals fast! piri does his cocker sniffs too looking for treats. i love how whiskers tickle my hands. i wonder what horse sniffs feel like :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty guy, hope he´ll get better! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, he really looks so sad :) I hope he gets better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, i love these horsy stories. i am severely allergic to cats so i am not a cat person, at all. i am kind of hateful towards cats, but it truly is because i can't breath or see if i get their little dander on my person. so anyhoo, people tell cat stories and i am like "blah blah blah, you love your cat, i am sure it's super cute and i'd like it too if it didn't have the potential to kill me." but give me a dog story, or better yet a horse story, and i am like the grinch when his heart finally grows. i get all gooey with love for your ike stories, so give him a treat for me! hope he feels better soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh poor guy!! I always feel so bad for injured animals, even if the injury isn't serious. A few weeks ago, Fitz got into a scuffle with a bigger dog who lives in our building, and because Fitz was leashed and this dog wasn't, poor Fitzy ended up having to go to the vet hospital to get things checked out (and by checked out, I mean they had to shave parts of him to see bites and abrasions and stuff :( ). He's since made a full recovery, but his little funny thigh patch of fur is still growing back in. I hope your guy is back to 100% soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. He sure is beautiful :) Hope he gets better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope that leg heals well and what a cutie pie. That face says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, I like his propensity for flair. He's got character, you should give him treats. And what's with his friend biting his face?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads