As those of you who follow me on Instagram already know, poor Ike has still not recovered.  When the vet examined him on Friday, he found out that the swelling on his foot had not gone down because there were MAGGOTS burrowing inside his wound and eating his flesh and muscle.  Can you believe that?!?  His foot has spent the weekend completely wrapped up, bandaged, taped, and heavily medicated.  I've been hand walking him, especially in the glorious weather today, and he was just dancing in place to be outside again.  We'll be unwrapping it tomorrow and I'll keep you guys posted on how it looks.  Fingers crossed!

Now to another type of burrow (sorry, that's as elegant of a transition as I can manage), this sweet home was built in the 1930s and restored every so prettily.  I am in love with the merging of the darkly painted dining room and gleaming white kitchen - and a big yes to the open shelving.  Also, as it feels like I've been on a rug hunt for forever, I can't help but want the rug in the kitchen as well as all of the ones in the bedrooms.  And that sunroom screams Rooth's writing room.  I'm sure the light is perfect in the mornings.