Travaux
While I haven't been as share-y as I typically am on the blogosphere about my holiday plans, rest assured that I am still on top of my regular menu planning for Thanksgiving.  Along with the table setting theme colours of purple and gold this year, we've got all new sides, pies and drinks to try.  However a telephone conversation this afternoon with my mom brought all of this to just about a screeching halt.  My parents have decided that they are going to begin kitchen renovations tomorrow.  Yep, less than a week away from turkey day and they are replacing the cooktop, countertops and backsplash.  And probably painting as well.  No biggie.  My mom assured me that it'll all be done by this Sunday because that's what the contractor told her and we all believe home improvement contractors' deadlines.

Thank goodness this is the year that I live in the same city because the kitchen at my place will not be under renovation and if we need to cook everything here and shuttle it over to my parents' house in the afternoon, we can probably do so.  It wouldn't be the holidays if it wasn't a race to the finish line, would it now?