This weekend was all that a wedding weekend typically is.  Happy, beautiful, anxiety-filled, stressful and most importantly, a new beginning.  And it wasn't even my wedding.  Still, I feel so honored to be a part of someone's special day and to get to support them as they stood before their family and friends and declare their unconditional love for each other.  To watch them form a new family and to be a part of the celebration.

I don't know if you are for or against marriage or ambivalent.  But the more happy marriages, partnerships, meant-for-each-other soul mates and joyful families that I see come together, the more I am rooting for those of you who make the leap into "couplehood" and the more faith I place in humankind.  I'm crossing my fingers for you and your partner / friend / family's patience, capacity for kindness and the way that you make each other better people and encourage each other.

A toast to the human spirit: here's to those of you out there who make us better people.