This is the drama that is my life

"He's been a bit mopey.  He'd really like it if you came to visit."

The message chimed at 8 am on work day, screen glowing and flashing a light blue.  Puzzled, I had to read the text twice before I could comprehend the words I was reading.  What in the world... he was perfectly fine when I saw him two days ago.  What could have happened in two days that changed his mood so drastically?  This was so uncharacteristic of him.

I tapped back, "I'll be there tonight to hang out with him."

The rest of the day, I wracked my brain and tried to think of all the different little things that could have gone wrong.  Perhaps he still pouting because I had shouted at him on Sunday.  I typically don't have to raise my voice at him.  But that's the oddest thing because he doesn't hold grudges - not even for five minutes.  How could he still be upset because of that?

That evening, we had dinner together.  He morosely looked my way, chewed his food staring off into the distance and glanced at me again.  We sat for half an hour that way.

"He's been acting weird.  Not himself..." I typed back after our dinner date.

Friday rolled around and he was starting to act like himself.  Correction - he was exactly like his old self again.  My trainer chided him, "What was wrong with you, you big sweaty baby?"  Turns out, he was just hot.  A horse in Texas was hot in the summer and threw a minor temper tantrum because of it.  Who would have thought?  We've started bringing him in earlier and he's as happy as a clam.  Now don't even get me started on his people-biting, poop-eating neighbor...


Comments

  1. lol, brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little shmoo. Give him a cuddle from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha I can totally relate to him for acting up because of the heat. I sometimes feel like that too and why shouldn't a horse feel the same, especially with having fur everywhere on your body ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet thing. Heat does that to all of us and good on him for letting you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww it must be so hot there! perhaps the cool autumn winds will relieve the heat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't blame the poor guy...I've heard about the Texas heat. I'd be the same:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The heat or not seeing you got two days??? You know how touchy boys can be. lol
    I'm glad he's back to his rascally self.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not seeing you FOR two days...too early for autocorrect to be acting this way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I can't even imagine how hot it is over there. Hope y'all stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, poor horsey! I did laugh out loud though, but I promise it wasn't at his plight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha - glad you sorted it all out! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's how I act in the heat as well!! Gotta throw a little tantrum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love horses, but I don't really ride. Didn't know they throw tantrums lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww. poor baby. The heat and probably missing you was his issue. Though I'm sure they have feelings too and was just having a rough day :) Glad to hear that is he doing much better though

    ReplyDelete
  15. Considering how bitchy I was today at work when it was 83 degrees IN the building and we were BUSY, I can understand why he'd be upset!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well, that's pretty good drama i'd say. but poor guy, i bet i'd get cranky too dealing with the texas heat and if flies swarmed me all the time too, yep, i might need a little coaxing out of my moodiness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Give him lots of hugs and kisses from me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor Ike, I don't blame him for getting cranky when he was hot. I do too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads