Hello from your favourite lobster!  I sat outside for an hour and a half and I'm now burnt to a crisp, even after the sunscreen.  It was my little bit of a beachy escape, even if it was in the middle of the concrete jungle.

Believe it or not, this Italian villa that looks like it's set in the sunny Mediterranean is actually less than five miles from my place.  And can we just talk about the kitchen?  I think it might have my previous favourite "library" house beat for best room of 2013 because it's seriously tops.  Barrel vaulted ceiling.  Gigantic island.  Gleaming white subway tile and a gourmet stove.  It looks a little bit steampunky and a little bit rustic.  Sigh sigh sigh.

After seeing that kitchen, I'm not even blown away by that perfect outdoor shower and pool set in the lush green grass.  Or even slightly impressed by the white Calcutta marble bath tub.  Okay maybe just a smidge impressed.