I had a lovely lil post ready to go for today and then, this super traumatic evening happened.  Now everything I planned tonight is out the window.

As a change of pace, Ike and I went for a walk outside on the trail to the lake.  The sun was shining and birds were chirping. We were slowly plodding along when out of nowhere, the swarm attacked.  Ike tried to vigorously shake them off, flapping his short little mane at them and I swatted them away as best I could.  Little streaks of blood were dotted along his neck from the feeding frenzy and soon enough, his face and my arms started becoming an all-you-can-eat buffet.  We both had had enough of nature, turned around and made for the barn as quickly as possible.

The damn buggers definitely drank their fill; they even bit me through my freaking pants!  If I become sick in the next few days, y'all will know I contracted West Nile as well.  Either that or I'll scratch myself to death.

Sigh, mosquitoes are my least favourite Texas birds.