Welcome all ye wanderers

This print is one of my favourites (Society6)
For all those who stumble here.  For all those who wander the endless corridors of the internet and happen upon my little abode.  Welcome.  Pull an armchair up to the hearth.  We shall talk about many things - cabbages and kings and the like.  Want to chat about how your biggest pet peeve is people who leave the trailer hitches on their trucks, particularly in narrow parking garages (must be a Texas thang)?  Care to join me in furrowing my brow about when this horrendous trend of high waisted pants / jeans / shorts will end?  What about looking down our noses at those who spell 'stationery' with an 'a'?  Want to tell me about how much you like black & white cookies and pie?  We will laugh at ourselves for tripping over carpet and catching our pockets on door handles (yes, I do that about once a week).  I did so enjoy our shared chuckle yesterday about me washing horse's butt.

And oh, we've cried on occasion.  We've cried about opportunities missed or lost and the unfairness of it all, for ourselves and others.  We've mourned friends, pets, family and lovers.  We've both raged and whimpered.  At times it's silly and others it's been solemn.  Sometimes we smile through a veil of tears and other times, we honk through a cloud of tissues.

All of these are welcome here.  And thank you for joining me.  Because it's absolute madness if I'm  doing it on my own.  Feel free at any time to leave me your story in the comments or via email.  I promise I'll listen.


Comments

  1. lol, love this post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and funny. This was a nice start to my day. And I'm so happy about you and the horses...even if it does involve their butts.

    Lauren @ still + life

    ReplyDelete
  3. i secretly love the high waisted pants, but i wear long shirts, ha! they feel more comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahha love the Alice reference ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous words. For those of you who have trouble remembering, stationery with an "e" for envelope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful welcome! I don't remember how I got here the first time, I'm just glad I did. :)
    In DC it's empty bike carriers on the back of SUVs...and you're not alone, I've found that talking to people at work while I back into a room is hard on my pockets. No, never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you crack me up! although i gotta admit i loove high waisted things because i can never find pants that fit right in that area and i feel like it offers a little cover up hahah thanks for your kind words on my last post!!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet. your blog is one of my favorites because you allow to get people to know you and take them time to get to know them too. that's the best. and you make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Hooray for Ruth! You and your blog are lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stationery comment cracked me up. And another thing . . . no, wait, I'll wrangle in my English Major snobbery . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads