11 Things You Might Hate About Me

Has it really been over half a year since I've done one of these?  Y'all know that these are some of my favourite kind of blog posts to do and this time I was asked by the gorgeous and talented Stephanie Court of Twentieth Street to answer these eleven questions about myself.  Aren't these a bit like those old school chain emails you used to get where there were like a bajillion wacky questions you'd have to fill out and pass on?  And you'd attempt to answer them all as provocatively and flirtatiously as you could because you were in middle school(ish) and the email list that you reply all'd to had your secret crush on it?  Okay, maybe it was just me.  Please tell me it wasn't only me.

1. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
We weren’t big tv watchers growing up; my parents didn’t even have cable until my sister and I both moved out of the house for college (explains the insane amounts of reading we did).  But on the rare occasion that we were at my cousins’ house (who did have cable), Doug!

2. If you could live anywhere in the world for just one year, where would you choose?
New Zealand.  Is it strange to want to run away to the mountains (Gandalf, the mountains)?  And Hobbit-land?  And be surrounded by the ocean and sheep on all sides?

3. Who (or what) inspires you the most?
My mom.  She has been so brave throughout both of her heart procedures and the first thing that she thinks about, regardless of her own discomfort, is others.  When she was waking up from open heart surgery, the first request she made of me was to make sure that I bought cupcakes for the nurses who were taking such good care of her.  I was and am so so proud of her.  PS - For those of you who have been keeping up, she was discharged this afternoon and home now.  YAY!

4. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Recently, juggling all of the roles I've had to play.  It is not easy but I'm up to the task - as we always say, if it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right.

5. What advice would you give your 16-year old self?
Don't cut your hair.  And start practicing patience.  You're going to need a head start.

6. What super power would you most like to have?
Is not sleeping a super power?  Or eating all of the chips and queso?  Because those are two that I'd really like to have right NOW.  <tapping foot>  Anytime now.

Oh and I want this shirt too, but in adult size.  Because of all the queso
7. What is your favorite junk food item (you know, the one you definitely shouldn't eat but you just can't resist)?
Hot Cheetos and Swedish fish (y’all know the Queen of Snacking couldn’t just pick one).  You know, after I eat all of the chips and queso with my super power.

8. What is your secret/hidden talent?
Eating a bulk sized resealable bag of Swedish fish in three days.  I kid you not.  It's disgusting.  And amazing.  And they don't really need to make those bags resealable for me.

9. What is the weirdest thing you believed as a child?
I am a much more gullible adult than I was as a child but when I was a kid, I believed that Bloody Mary could reach out and slit your throat in a darkened bathroom mirror.  I also had the most active imagination and was probably responsible for the fact that our home had nightlights in every single room and hallway.  And you know what, I still believe that Bloody Mary can do that...

10. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what are the first three things you'd do?
Buy my parents a new house, throw a big party (bloggers invited, we’ve discussed this), and get a financial advisor.  Because hey, fun AND practical.

11. Beach or mountains?
I’m going to be greedy here and say both.  New Zealand, amirite?  See, these things do all tie together somehow.


Comments

  1. Yes to New Zealand! My family would go with you, Rooth:D
    And your hidden super power is all kinds of awesome....although I don't think I've ever had Swedish fish.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person who lived in Santa Barbara for a full decade, I completely understand wanting to be surrounded by ocean and mountains. :) So glad your mom is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I LOVE it. Cal and I have been inspired by you make Swedish Fish our beach snack this summer (replacing our long-standing snack of Twizzlers).

    Also, I'm ocean and mountains too. I'm afraid I may never come back from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, SO happy your mom is home! What an awesome thing to hear after the last week+ you've had. I think you deserve a bag of Swedish fish for all the stress you had to endure. Also, we are total twinsies with the nightlight situation. My active imagination STILL wont let me hang out in a dark bathroom. I can't turn the light off until the door is open! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy to hear that your mom is home!

    this made whole list made me laugh. especially after reading ... your mom, swedish fish, cheetos, chips and queso, lalala. and then number 9. the fear of your inner child really shined through - i pictured you as a little girl with giant eyes wringing your hands to explain that bloody mary will "reach out and slit your throat in a darkened bathroom mirror." i can tell it's something you thought about. the nightlight thing didn't surprise me ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the 10. hire a professional trainer that's for sure. Hahahah....Can I steal this from u? Pleeeeeeeaaase

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes to new zealand. i always told yangkyu that i always wanted to live in one of those hobbit houses :) and oh my goodness! bloody mary totally scared me to death!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay that mom has been discharged and at home. Home is really where we should all be for the best recovery of our heart and soul, which is just as important as the body. Love your eating super power and the fact that you can now eat more junk food :). Efficient. And WOW about the Swedish fish, though I could probably do the same with several bags of chips or Girl Scout Cookies. I DON'T LIKE LOOKING IN MIRRORS IN THE DARK EITHER! Creeps me out. Will you fly me out for the bloggy party :)?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! I am so happy that your momma is home! Sending healing and positive vibes over your way.

    I loved so many cartoons when I was growing up, I don't think I could pick a favorite. I think New Zealand is a brilliant choice! And if you move, I shall have to come visit! ;)

    ps. I love, love, LOVE hot cheetos AND swedish fish. I am going to pretend I didn't read the part about the resealable bag though. That would just be bananas. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First and foremost: I am so glad to read your mom is home!

    And second--- these 11 things don't make me hate you --- no, instead they make me crack up!!!!

    ~Alexis Grace of North On Harper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where's the hate??? So disappointing! :)
    It's great that you were able to make two of the questions about junk food. Dr. Katz was a good show...and the Tick. I enjoyed Eek the Cat--he thought "it never hurts to help" and was proven wrong over and over. :)

    Mirror monstars are the worst--followed closely by the train monster in my parent's neighborhood.

    You've done a lot to be proud of...mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeh, Bloody Mary . . .

    But so glad to hear your mom is home! Hooray . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS - If you'd said you fit into that tiny tee, there wouldn't have been hate, but...well, no, I'm sure everyone would be happy for you. Bloggers aren't like regular people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you did the link up! NZ is such a good idea. I was thinking France when I originally came up with the question but I love NZ too. I love the mountain/beach combo (it's one of the things I love about living here in Northern California). And we're totally soul sisters on the hot cheetos. :)

    So happy to hear your mom is back home! Sending lots of love to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy for your mom!!!!


    If you can eat that many Swedish fish in that sort of a time span, you're already a super hero in my book. I watched a ton of cartoons I'm sure but what really stuck with me were the old Sid and Marty Croft reruns I watched early in the morning. They might even be more terrifying than Bloody Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy to hear that your mom is back home now! Yay! And she definitely sounds like a wonderful inspiration. My mom is my inspiration as well!
    I would totally love to live in New Zealand for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rooth, this was so fun and funny to read. Oh I had that same fear of someone reaching out from the dark bathroom mirror and grabbing me when I was little...okay maybe still. I'm really glad to hear your mom is back and doing better, she sounds really brave and such a great role model.

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great news about your Mom. We almost migrated to New Zealand years ago. :) Bring out the queso.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Doug too. Just about every Nickeloden cartoon was good...except Ren and Stimpy. Never liked that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads