Thank you everyone for the well-wishes and prayers yesterday!  My mom came out of surgery yesterday evening successfully and is now resting in the ICU.  I went to see her this evening and she's doing all she can to try and keep down solid food and get to a regular hospital room by tomorrow afternoon.  Oh, the nurses, what lifesavers they are!  I think, actually I know, that they've made my mom's hospital stay infinitely more comfortable and less frightening and the first thing I hear out of her mouth every day is how kind every single one of them is to her.  We've already dropped off a load of baked goods at the ICU nurse's station with our thanks.  I am and we are oh-so-truly grateful that mom is on her way to recovery.

As much as all of the around-the-clock-care is a comfort, I can't wait for my mom to get home.  Home is where the heart is and for the house featured this week, also where the art is.  Have you all ever seen such a collection?  The common areas, kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms - it feels like every square inch is covered in art.  I love it, I really do but is anyone else thinking about what a pain it must have been to hang it all?  And now that I'm looking at it all again, it must have been such a pain but so worth it in the end.

Thanks for sticking with me y'all and here's to hoping for home.