Boathouse on land

I love it when houses surprise you.  This beautiful home sits on an expansive 20,000 square foot lot across from Rice University, which in and of itself accounts for the $2.4 million price tag.  The house's unassuming exterior, although on a lush green lawn, is nothing stupendous.  And I actually don't care much for the interior, which you can view here.  But check out this great room.  Doesn't it feel like you're in an upside down ship?  If I lived in this home, I would just live in this room.

Pretty but normal exterior

And then BOOM!  Yes, of course that's a vintage 1874 Austrian chandelier

Comments

  1. Omg, that's gorgeous!! I love the antique feel of this home. Your "house posts" are by far my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is a pretty fabulous room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so unexpected and so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, home. I am a sucker for a boat theme, and the ceiling is such a rich design detail. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads