Holiday hustle

This was a catch up weekend, darlings, which I really needed.  I've got about half of my holiday cards written and addressed and more than two-thirds of my Christmas shopping done (online, it's really the only way to go).  Which is a huge relief because I was panicking a little bit, okay a lot bit.  The lead up to the holidays is so fun and so stressful; the anticipation is really what makes it all exciting.  I'm sure at some point I'll be sick and tired of all the Xmas tunes and the red and white combination but not yet.

This home has nothing to do with the holidays, but everything to do with time travel.  The breakfast nook is one of the cutest things I've seen in a home in a long time and I wonder how long it took the current residents to assemble all of the furniture and decorations to complete its mid-century modern look.  Random question, in the 1950s were people extremely concerned about nosy neighbors and privacy?  Because the houses built then have these tiny windows in the front and then tall floor to ceiling glass in the back.

Comments

  1. ohhhh, love, love, love all the mid-century furniture. happy Monday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so digging the layout of this house. Even the hallway with that big cabinet is just awesome. And yeah...what's up with those tiny windows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the kiychen, but not that little raised brick border around the tiny interior garden--after 3 martinis I might fall and hit my head on that thing! :)
    Perhaps the front of the house faced the most likely direction of a possible Soviet nuclear attack, so small, high windows were the way to go. Maybe there's a bunker in the backyard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed about the online shopping! I haven't set foot in a store yet this season and that's A-okay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this house doesn't even look real! And first Christine and now you...both of you featuring my dining room lamp today! :) That nook is amazing, but all together, this house might be too true to type for me. More museum than home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, see, that's a little too much mid-century modern for me. Thank you though . . . :)

    Also, for the impressive start I had, you'll probably end up finishing Christmas to-dos before me! It's always the month of December that gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am hoping to get all my cards and crochets and packing done by wednesday night and mailing everything out by thursday. i like to get things done early so i don't have to feel like a mad woman when it's a bit more closer to christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have to gut so, so much of this house to get it to my style, unfortunately. And I've always wondered the same thing about the tiny windows! WHO wants tiny windows?? xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the different chairs. Looks fab! I prefer to do Christmas shopping online. I went to a couple of stores in town last week and it just wasn't enjoyable at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this house is pretty retro! not really my style but i can see the appeal for some.

    i'm totally panicking about my timing on buying all of my christmas presents. we totally tried to do the brick and mortar stores over the weekend but by 6pm sunday night i had given up and told my husband we're doing it online from here on out. oh and forget about christmas cards. i try to remember to do this every single year and i totally fail each and every time. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this house has such great bones. i love that open living room and brick fire place wall.

    as for christmas I am not even starting until next week. no tree. no presents. but once i have the time to devote to it i am just going to go full-steam ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads