Yea or Nahh? December 2014 (so far) edition

Society6

Christmas shopping:  Guess who's done, suckas?  Yep, that's right, this girl right here.  Almost a full three weeks early too.  That should leave enough time to get it all shipped and wrapped, don't you think?  It's all going to get delivered in time, right?  Oh lord, another thing to worry about.  Honestly though, I know Christmas time isn't all about presents but this is one of my favourite things to do during the holiday season - buy surprises for people who I love and care about.


Too much fiber: You know you're old when you start supplementing your daily allotment of fiber.  And you know you're not old enough when, instead of eating the recommended two gummies, you eat SIX instead.  I'm not even going to tell you guys how old I'm turning this month.  Old enough to know better?
Man hands: By now, those of you who read regularly know that my mom has a lot to say about my man hands that have grown calloused and rough with daily barn chores.  It is also damn near impossible to keep nail polish from chipping after one day.  Until now.  I went to Ulta this weekend and picked up some glittery Zoya brand polish, which I've never tried before.  Two barn days later, no chipping.  I imagine this polish is going to be hell to scrape off when I finally want to change colours but for now, I'll continue being dazzled by the glitter.

ShopTerrain
Light it up: In my dinky apartment, for the second year in a row instead of putting up a Christmas tree, I drape twinkly lights all around the windows a la college style.  They're not the super fancy / expensive kind as I've featured above from Terrain but they make me smile and remind me that it is truly the holiday season.  We've been blessed with wonderful weather (among other things) so far into December and it looks like it will continue that way.  It's funny that lights remind me of how blessed I am this holiday season, even with everything else that's going on.  Focus on the small glowing things, they seem to say, and keep peace and calm in your heart.

Comments

  1. Seriously I LOVE putting lights up. It puts me in such a good mood. I also really want that nail polish you posted...I just love the dark dark red colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post!!
    wanna follow each other on instagram & bloglovin?
    i followed u please follow me here>

    http://twinladybug.blogspot.com/
    love & hugs Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear about the fibre lol. I love twinkly lights :) I've nearly done all my shopping but its not something I get stressed about, and I LOVE the wrapping up of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sound very happy. good :) and lovely nail colour. reminds me to do something about my man hands too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea? I hope! You can never have too much fiber. Hopefully. Your nails look lovely...and I hope there's no chipping. Clearly this is a message of hope. :)

    PS - May I please just make cookies? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've done our Christmas shopping too! My hubby likes to get it done early....I don't really mind doing it close to Christmas:D
    And those polish...must get some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My shopping is ongoing and I'm okay with that. I feel eerily relaxed and now I'm worried that that means I'll forget something. And we just strung a bunch of lights a la college dorm in Cal's room. I hope he keeps them up all year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job with the presents. I am still searching one for my dad but I have no idea this year.
    I really need to get some Zoya nail polish! It's vegan and cruelty free by the way! Yay!
    I did the same thing: no tree but Christmas lights. They look so lovely.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hah!! I feel like I have the same "man hands" problem, so I need to try that brand of nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nail polish that doesn't chip?! is that possible??? i love painting my nails but within a few hours they look terrible. x(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, that Zoya polish is so pretty, and perfect for the holidays! I definitely have some chipping issues as well, so I should check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the graphic and reminding us to be present and it's not about the presents. Very pretty polish. Lacquer is supposed to last longer than polish. I have similar problems because I wash my hands so darn often with little kids in the house. Good job finishing all your shopping! I've got a few loose ends to tie up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love nail polish and when i see it on other people i think it so looks lovely, so i try, yet again, to paint my nails and 5 minutes later it looks like it's been on for 3 weeks. then i wonder 'do other people not use their hands? how do they keep it looking so nice?' i might have to try this kind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My nails are never painted with color because I haven't the patience to allow it to dry. Then I I smear it, and promptly lose the holiday spirit . . . and yet, that polish is so very festive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads