Postscript

Society6
Luckily, I can type without having any feeling in my fingers because my hands are all cramped up after a marathon session of writing and addressing Christmas cards.  I apologize to some of you who will be receiving them because you're going to have an extremely difficult time deciphering my scribbles.  It'll be a miracle if they even make it there, if the handwriting machine can read the addresses.  Take it on faith that the message in the card says something to the effect of "Merry Christmas!  I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!"  I may have gotten a bit overzealous this year in writing and ordering cards; my eyes are bigger than my mailbox?  I think I have next year's set of cards ready to go now as well.

I suppose it's a sign of my age that every single card that I've received this year has a picture of a baby on it accompanied by some dogs.  Although I debated long and hard about doing a photo card of Ryon's sweet mug, I decided against being the crazy(ier) horse lady this year.  Maybe next winter after I've trained him to hold still and pose with a Santa hat atop his head.

With the majority of the cards out of the way, it's now time to move on to Christmas crafts.  I've got an empty wreath frame that is calling my name and a few peppermint ornaments I want to try my hand at.  Of course all of this could possibly go out the window as soon as someone invites me out for a hot drink (with alcohol hopefully).  Stay warm this weekend!


Comments

  1. wow, I'm impressed by your energy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Christmas cards! That's my job this weekend. Among others, that is. I'd love to see Ryon's mug, to be perfectly honest. Or yours! ;) And I love that mailbox. Perf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should've done the picture with Ryon!! Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did ours yesterday and will be sending them out today. I should really spread doing them coz...yeah....chicken scratch....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure your crazy horse lady card would have looked lovely! :) My handwriting is so horrible...I think I am the only one who can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius! You sent cards, but the writing is so bad they might not be deliverable. It's so simple and elegant a plan. I wish I'd thought of it. :D

    Now that the teasing portion is done, like Petra, I marvel at your energy and dedication to getting that job done. It's a lot of work--and very kind of you to do.

    A hot drink (with alcohol) would be really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to get tons of christmas cards every year. Now I get like 5 and they are usually from places like my insurance company and such. So I am happy to know someone is still keeping up one of the best of holiday traditions. This is the first year I have no plans to send any out. But who knows, I usually do it at the 11th hour anyway . . . it still might happen! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could read the card :). I have loooong abandoned hand writing cards and it feels grrrrreat :). I ordered from Mint this year and they addressed 40 out of 60 cards I'm sending out. Woot woot! I still have to mail them though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems to me you're very, very creative. Nice to meet you and stay warm too. I'm Azra's blue friend and confidant :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh my hands were in cramp after writing Christmas cards,
    but it's worth it!! :c
    And I'm pretty sure your handwriting aren't that bad either :P
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya, Decided to give it a go this year. I thought writing Christmas cards is going to be easy peasy but was I wrong. The challenge of queueing to get the cards mailed at the post office was another story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. A lot of my friends are getting married at this age. I'm sure kids are soon to follow.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man! I've been working on finishing mine as well. There were a couple where my hand spazzed and I just had to go with it (make it into a really large, fanciful "S" for instance :) . . .

    It's the thought, right?

    PS-Now I have friends who are becoming grandparents. GRANDPARENTS! It's freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i usually find a christmas quote to include in the cards but i think i'm getting old and my hands hurt like crazy lol so i stopped after two cards. ah well x(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, I'm still working on my wedding thank yous. At the rate I'm going, people will get their Christmas cards by Valentine's Day ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads