Society6

Every day, like the one before.
Little town, full of little people,
Waking up to say,
BONJOUR!

You will never know how delighted I was that a ton of you caught my Beauty & the Beast reference and were able to quote from the movie and the soundtrack.  I’m sure none of you are surprised that I identified with the bibliophilic Belle, although I really could have done without the entire Beast part except for all his cool stuff - the castle with enchanted household goods and library.

But you know what part of the movie really bothered me when I first watched it at 8 years of age?

Not slimy Gaston and his disturbingly butt-like cleft chin or the fact that Belle is imprisoned by the Beast, in exchange for her father’s freedom.  Not Gaston stabbing the Beast in the back before plummeting to his death.  Not even how ugly the Beast was after he transforms back into a normal person.

Let me tell you.

In "Be Out Guest," Lumiere, Chip, Mrs. Potts and the entire kitchen / dining room of the castle erupts with dancing / singing crockery and furniture and dish after dish of delectable French fare swing past Belle... she BARELY takes a bite at all of anything!  I remember being aghast as a child and thinking - what a waste!  What do they do with all the food she didn’t eat?  Throw it away?  Put it in tupperware containers and save it for tomorrow?

I think it's telling about how I was raised - before you worry about butt-faced, aggressive men kidnapping you or locking you up, being stabbed in the back or attacked by wolves, make sure you clean your plate.

And just because I know you guys are going to immediately look for the songs, here they are: