And thank you

Oh you beautiful people, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your encouraging words and thoughtful advice.  I appreciate the heart that went into each of your comments and your words have given me a lot of food for thought and some things to mull over during the next week.  I picked the worst time to decide that I need to slow things down so those plans may need to be pushed a little but I won't forget.  I will keep you posted on my progress - baby steps, as you all so astutely suggested.

The home that I'm featuring this week could very well be the writer's retreat that I hide in when I decide to take my break from the world.  Beautiful gleaming glass everywhere, letting in eternal sunlight - how could you possibly be in a poor mood when you're surrounded by ethereal light?  And when you need an escape for the eyes (if the luxe furnishings aren't enough), the soft muted green of the lawn and trees that make up the lush landscape.  Although I might go mad due to silence - can silence echo in a glass house - I could always pull a Danny Torrance (Shining reference anyone?) and ride my big wheel up and down the hallways.  "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."













Comments

  1. beautiful. a bit remote by the looks of it, but otherwise gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really thought about going on a writer's retreat...but if needed, these would be the most inspiring spaces to hide away from the world in – what better to hide away from the world than in the world, surrounded by nature and light? I hope that all continues to progress in a way that fits you best, that leaves you feeling content. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I forgot to offer any encouraging words or thoughtful advice. Maybe you need to try harder? No, that's what got you here. But it's always worked in the past. Try less hard??? I might start with cutting back on things other people want but that I could live without.

    Lovely retreat! Where's the switch to make the glass opaque? Or are there metal roll-up doors for when I need to lock down the place??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll go with you when u come here for some R&R:D...minus the big wheel though coz The Shining still freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All. That. Glass. Love. Love. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the openness of each space and the balance of wood, black and white to still keep warmth within a modern interior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like it's big enough for both of us. i could be your official window washer, i think you'd need one in that place. i love everything about it. perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha don't go all Danny Torrance on us now! The couch set up in the living room looks so comfy - perfect for movie parties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always share the best houses! I could imagine living there! :)
    Good luck with everything! I hope you can slow things down a bit and relax! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that house. I love all the windows!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads