Pulling it back together

HT to Miss Amy
I'm finally almost done putting the mess together that was the beginning of April.  The police department has been unable to recover my vehicle and the car locator hasn't picked up a single blip since it was turned on.  I've repurchased almost everything that was stolen from inside my car and filed an insurance claim with my renter's insurance company.  And my car insurance company has finally agreed upon a price to pay me for my loss.  What a complete mess but I'm so close to watching all of this fade away in the rear view mirror.

So today, I bought a car.  I'm to pick it up on Friday afternoon and, although I'm a bit racked with guilt, I am ready to put all of this behind me and get things back to normal again.  I've been bumping around in a Prius, which has been really cute to drive and gets me from point A to point B, but I'm ready to get into a car that's mine.  You know, with my radio stations programmed into it and my keys on the key chain.  And start moving forward with the summer.  I still haven't given up hope on 2014 being THE year.  Have you?

Comments

  1. Good on you for moving forward and leaving the past behind. I really admire your outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, 2012 would be hard to top, but I'm hopeful 2014 will be pretty good too!

    Congratulations on the new car. After all the aggravation, you shouldn't feel any guilt. I didn't need that Picasso I had in the trunk of your car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dealing with insurance companies is always such a hassle:( But yay on the new car, Rooth.

    PS Also trying not to give up on 2014...sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's what I say. Hooray for new cars! Hooray! No matter what got you into getting one in the first place. Better than getting it totaled in a horrific crash, right? Nothing but blue skies ahead! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a Veronica Mars-type mystery. How has the car detection system not even blipped? The guys who stole it must have been pros. The upside is that you are on the road to everything being normal again, thank gosh. But I can understand why you'd want to leave April behind you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, I've given up. 2014 is def not my year!!!! and why do you feel guilty?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't give up either although it hasn't really been my year yet. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us. I am sorry they were not able to locate your car but at least you could figure things out with the insurance company! Enjoy your new car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel guilty lady. And enjoy your new car!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2014 is still the year! you know that whole no blip thing actually makes me feel better. they were obviously professionals, and usually professional people have a code of conduct, rules, policies and procedures of sorts. i am glad this wasn't some horrific car jacking at a stop light. stealing cars is awful, but it's better that they were people that wait until the drivers are out of them, you know? and seriously what in the world do you have to feel guilty about?! nothin' that's what. you're getting a new car. hopefully one that will be so awesome this mess will feel further behind you. xoxo

    ps I LOOOOVE that quote!! that could sum up my general emotional state on most days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry that you won't get your old car back, but yes, let's move on. I think 2014 could still be THE year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new car! Maybe you just needed a new ride to take you into the fabulousness that will be the second half of 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yikes but glad to all that mess behind put behind you. and yeah.. 2014.. year of the horse..?? still waiting it for it to be THE year.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh what a nightmare. But you got it all straightened out, so here's hoping the rest of 2014 is smooth sailing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm so sorry to read this, but that POSTER is amazing! Hang in there Rooth. It's a day-by-day kinda thing, sometimes, and you just have to, as you say, put some things in the rear-view mirror. Stay strong xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a good attitude Ruth! Leave that all behind and on to the next. And yes- 2014 is still THE Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. good to know you're staying positive!!! congrats on the new car ;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads