Modern Warfare

Don't get me wrong, I love this bright, beautiful, clean, crisp modern house with its contrasting textures and calming colour palette.  But folks, this home just spells disaster for klutzes like yours truly.  The sterile white kitchen would be splattered with red tomato sauce and green pesto.  And the gorgeous centerpiece on the dining room table would last until the first meal I served there, where I'd inevitably shatter one by dropping it to make room for a dish.  I don't think I have to tell you how many red wine stains the white sofa in the formal sitting room would be covered in and the sharp right angles of the armchairs in the living room would have my shins bruised for months upon end.  Regardless of how long I would live here for, I have a feeling that landing at the bottom of the stairs would trip me up every single time.  Also, anyone else think they may plow straight into one of the trees in the driveway, especially on a dark, stormy night?  Regardless of movie-star-style pool and pool house in the backyard, I hate to say it but this house would be a death trap for me.

However, if you're looking for a house that won't kill you, check out the guest post that I've written for Starlet's blog Can You Come Home?  Her blog, focused on where garden meets fashion, is in full bloom this spring and she's been kind enough to offer to host a few blog posts that I've written.


















Comments

  1. My kids would see this as a blank canvas. The white walls would literally last for about two seconds....bwahaha! It is lovely though....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn´t sweat it for the white walls - but white sofas?! Oh goodess, they would look like Picasso paintings after an hour with my rascals, the dog and the cat..! :-D

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This house is gorgeous, but definitely one I'd just want to visit and even then I'd be scared to put my feet up (and I do like to tuck my legs under me). I can't wait to check out your guest posts! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating that landing was just mean and the tree placement is confusing. Perhaps a well meaning, but poorly conceived zoning regulation kept the builder from moving them???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That guest house is sick! That's more than enough house for me, thought I'd have to seriously shade that pool (my vampire skin couldn't handle it otherwise!). xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i could never ever have white furniture. even without my kids and dog as a part of the equation it just would never work out. i love the stairway though, that's such a lovely designed space. also i wonder if they could spare a couple bed pillows, i am in need of a couple new ones and it looks like they may have a little extra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I 100% agree with you. While the house is beautifully modern, I don't think I could live there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great combinations of modern and traditional decorative elements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really into the wide-open layout and cowhide chairs, but white sofas are something I just have never been able to wrap my head around. I'm torn on the trees in the drive... it's totally unique and gives it a sort of woodsy, tucked away feel but what about having guests over and figuring out the puzzle of parking all the cars?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this place is STUNNING. I really love the staircase, which seems kind of weird lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, it seems like we are the same kind of person. :) I will never forget the day when a good friend of mine invited me to his house the first time. We were 18 or 19 I guess and we opened a bottle of red wine to drink with a couple of friends. And guess who spilled the red wine over my friend's parents' new light sofa and white rug? I felt so terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah I love white interior but I'd never decorate my home 100% white
    because: stain, dust and the list goes on. Anyway greattttt inspiring
    interior and homes again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would die here. And sorry, but who plants trees on THEIR DRIVEWAY?!?! It is a beautiful home, but you're right - a death trap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous place to live in. I love the plush furniture where anyone could happily sink right through.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is lovely to look at though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. somehow i feel like all the glass would make the house pretty hot when the sun's out & glaring. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The white sofa kills me as well but everything looks nice here. It's just that I can't live here as well. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads