When Ryon Met Siri and Three Month Checkpoint

Siri & Ryon
One couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, picturesque, sunny spring day for the introduction of two of my very favourites to each other.  If y'all remember, I got Ryon right before Siri moved to Portland and in her rush to pack and ship everything, as well as set up the new role, Siri never got a chance to meet the big fur ball before she moved.  Since she was in town for a day, I couldn't let this opportunity pass so we trekked over to the barn last Friday afternoon, much to the chagrin of my mom.  Guys, it was love at first sight.  My sister and I used to ride together, as wee ones, and she doesn't have the timidity or apprehension that most people have toward these large nosy animals.  I also trust Ryon a bit more to behave himself and he was nothing but affectionate toward my little sister.

Me & Ryon telling secrets
Today is also the three month anniversary of Ryon's arrival and the boy is getting cheekier and bolder every day.  But don't worry, that doesn't mean he hasn't outgrown his fear of birds.  It's exasperating and hilarious all at the same time.  His summer coat is fully in now and he gleams and shines, like a penny.  I've already received one offer to buy him (clearly they haven't seen him around birds).  Sadly, his thick tail is starting to thin out and look rather raggedy, so I'm looking at getting some natural oils to prevent breakage.  Yes, I said it, I'm going to condition my horse's mane and tail.  Don't worry, I'm shaking my head at myself as well.  He's had several visitors come see him during his third month and he's starting to look forward to these visits as he gets endless amounts of attention and treats.  The hot summer months are heading straight for us so I'll be interested to see if he still gets as frisky when it's 2,000 degrees outside.  Stay tuned folks!

Comments

  1. I can't believe you've ONLY had him for three months. It seems so much longer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I'm glad they got along so well. He is very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryon is so very handsome! Glad that he got to meet your little sister.

    Love your new profile pic! So hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling Ryon's conditioner is going to be more expensive than my Groom & Clean. Let me know what you end up using--I may want to switch. :)

    Sounds like you and Ryon have similar taste in people. It's great they hit it off so well.

    Thanks for not calling this "When Hairy met Siri!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryon is looking mighty fine, Rooth:) You're such a good mommy.
    And happy three months to you both:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww. i think it's the cutest when larger animals get scared of smaller ones. :) he is looking so healthy and beautiful. and so great of you to take care of every inch of ryon! he's so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so beautiful, Rooth. Seriously. So full of love. (As the girls at Cal's school would say, it give me the feels!) And that picture of you and Ryon: breathtaking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shot of you two nuzzling together is so frame-worthy and precious. I have a feeling you'd let him sleep in your bedroom at night if they'd let you take him home ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, so glad that they 2 of them hit it off :)! Make sure you treat yourself to some conditioner too, not that I'm saying you need it, but if you treat your horse, you better treat yourself too :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, these pictures are so fantastic! i think you need a double frame for these ones. on another note my hair was so course when i was a kid my mom bought me tail and mane horse shampoo and conditioner - it was for horses. they were really, really big bottles. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. you guys sound like a match made in heaven. who needs guys when you have a horse like that ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad Siri and Ryon got along so well! I think it's hilarious that he's afraid of birds but I don't think it would be as funny if he spotted one while he's being ridden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy to hear that they got to meet each other and that it was love at first sight. :) Love the pictures! And Ryon definitely deserves all the attention he can get. :) He's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a gorgeous horse, you are so lucky! xx

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always nice when your favorite people (and horses) get along fabulously :-) The top photo is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like the visit went well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads