It's not the holidays without a little bit of drama now, is it?  The kitchen was completed at 11:30 pm on Tuesday night and just in time for Wednesday prep work.  That and the roasting pan that my dad forgot to pick up were the only two hiccups to a relatively perfect holiday long weekend.  Although I didn't do quite as much planning on it this year as I have in previous years, we chose to go a little sassy with the Thanksgiving table setting with purple and gold.  The table looked decidedly more hen party-ish, what with the purple sparkly garlands, instead of turkey party-ish but hey close enough for me.  Also, Rick's wassail punch recipe that he so generously shared with me was such a hit that we ended up making it for the next three nights in a row.  It's only proper that I share it with you all as well, with a few minor adjustments.

Wassail Punch

Ingredients:
2 bottles red wine
1 cup cognac
1/2 cup beer
1 cup sugar
1 cup raisins
1 tablespoon of ground corriander
10 cloves
2 cinnamon stick

This recipe can be made on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.  Mix all ingredients together and allow to simmer for 2 - 3 hours.  Serve and enjoy with holiday cheer!