Sometimes by Sheenagh Pugh

Debbie Carlos
Because we all need to hope...

Sometimes by Sheenagh Pugh

Sometimes things don't go, after all,
from bad to worse.  Some years, muscadel
faces down frost; green thrives; the crops don't fail,
sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.

A people sometimes will step back from war;
elect an honest man; decide they care
enough, that they can't leave some stranger poor.
Some men become what they were born for.

Sometimes our best efforts do not go
amiss; sometimes we do as we meant to.
The sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow
that seemed hard frozen: may it happen for you.


If you're interested in reading Sheenagh's thoughts on her poem (and others' use of it), click here

Comments

  1. That´s a beautiful poem, thanks for sharing! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina is right, this is beautiful. And just what I need right now. I'm putting my all into something and hoping my best efforts do not go amiss. :) Here's hoping the same for you, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly Rooth, are you reading my FREAKING mind right now? You have no idea how much my family needed to read this right now. Nothing dire, but a need for hope about something. I hope (get it, har har) to fill you in at a later time, but right now I'm filled with hope...scared to be, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good one, Rooth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful. thank you for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We definitely do. Perhaps more than anything, meeting a great person fills me with hope.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the "sometimes we do as we meant to". that's a pretty great line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads