Sometimes simplest is best

Instead of relishing the crisp, fresh mountain air over Christmas, my entire family, except for me, has somehow fallen ill (flu/cough) due to overexposure to the elements.  This weekend was spent heating up food and trying to convince my parents to eat a tiny bit of something despite their lack of appetite.  I'm hoping that they'll recover in time for a proper 2013 send off because no one wants to start 2014 ill, especially when there are boundless amounts of champagne and other bubblies to consume.

In other news, after weeks of searching, I've finally found a simple, cute little bungalow for this week's Hey Homey post.  Unlike a lot of the million-dollar mansions I find, this one has all the trappings of a real life house, even though the $400,000 price tag betrays the sky rocketing home prices in the hot little historic neighborhood in Houston.  It would need a few upgrades but what an adorable little backyard space and it does look so bright throughout.










Comments

  1. Oh I love it! And a 'bench' as a coffee table? What a neat idea! It looks really cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the simplicity of this house, Rooth, but that price....gaaaaaah!
    And hope your family feels better soon. My little one has been coughing on and off for awhile, and I've finally caught what she has...sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping you stay healthy while their bug runs its course. That is a nice little house. Perhaps we'll winter there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope you stay healthy, drink lots of OJ and wear a mask just in case ;) I have a theory that end-of-year sickness is inevitable, because the weight of the entire calendar is just catching up with you all at once, mixed with the craziness of the holidays. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd take it even without any upgrades {although I'd change out the lighting and ceiling fans to something a bit more my style}.

    I'm sorry everyone's sick but at least it came after the skiing! The champagne bubbles might settle their stomachs on New Years Eve. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. every time i see hardwood floors and white walls i wish i can rip the carpet off of my rental and paint my walls. such a lovely pad. and hope your family gets better soon. flu is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the deck in the back! I hope your family feels better soon! My dad and I always used to get sick over Christmas. Like clockwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the little back deck area. the houses in houston really remind me a lot the houses here, and the prices too! sometimes i dream of moving to someplace in the midwest where i might be able afford to own a home like this someday! but i really do like it here ;) hope you stay healthy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so pretty! Hope your family will feel better soon! Have a happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a DARLING house!

    Hope you fam starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a great little space. nice and comfortable and light.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my bosses just built a new house, so i've been secretly taking ideas for my future, currently imaginary, home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeh, those bugs that have been going around are wretched business. Hopefully your family has recovered--and you remain well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads