Semi-charmed life

zodiac
This year hasn't been an easy one.  With my grandmother passing this fall, moving to a new city, starting a new job, starting a new life, it's a wonder that others still consider me capable of operating heavy machinery.  However, despite all the momentum shifts and the fits and starts that this year has dealt me, I have always been about to count on my friends and family to act as my rock.  They are the lifeline that I can reach out to, whenever I feel as though the current is pulling me under.  They are the ones who say - "Go Easy On Yourself," "Have Fun," and "Me Too."  The emails, the texts, the skype conversations, the phone conversations always let me know that they're there.  That you're all there.

I lead a charmed life.  I came home this evening to packages stacked on my doorstep, from people letting me know that they're thinking about me during the holiday season and my birthday.  I know that Thanksgiving is way over and Christmas (and the birthday) are not yet here but I wanted to say an early Thank You to all of you for being the good luck charms that make up my life.  I hope the holiday season is wonderful for all of you and that good fortune will shine on you in the new year.
 

Comments

  1. Good friends and family is gold to have - I live far from my family so my friends are really important thanks to that as well. :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. good friends that accept you for who you are are hard to come by. I'm glad you have so many in your life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. life changes are hard and it seems like the older we get the more challenging changes are. you can do it- one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always the best feeling to have people think about you when you need it most. It makes everything bearable. Happy early birthday, or Happy Birthday Season as I like to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Rooth. Here's to awesome friends and family:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new job and life are off to a great start. And it appears you're not on the naughty list this year. Clerical error??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, when you stack it all up, that is A LOT of change you've faced this year, isn't it. I think 2014 is on the upswing, and I'm so pleased that you have so many friends (real and virtual) who recognize how spectacularly awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good fortune all around! That would be lovely, wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, hope this holiday season (& birthday) brings you joy, happiness & blessings! :) (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometimes in a day i feel like i haven't done anything and then i make a list and i think "ok, i guess i did do a lot of stuff." the year can be like that too - you look back & see how many changes/challenges you have had and you can say "oh, that's why it's felt like a rough year." you have had a lot of changes! really big ones. but the pendulum will swing and i think in this 'even' year coming up, it's going to be a good one. i really do. i mean i am counting it so it better be.

    but you are amazing, it doesn't surprise me in the least you are surrounded by good people. and your b-day must be coming up real soon if you are a Sagittarius. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, did I not know before now that you were a fellow Sagittarius?? My birthday is on the 20th, when is yours? Am I totally blanking on this information? I feel like I should know this! Shame on moi. Regardless, take it one day at a time, R. It's easy to simultaneously get swept up in the big picture AND freak out over the small details, but you have to remember to be precious with yourself. Always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm a sagittarius too. my birthday is coming up in a few days. happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier: semi-charmed, maxi-charming! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. "it's a wonder that others still consider me capable of operating heavy machinery"
    Dude, I know this feeling sooooo well. Only, pretty much all the time, hahahahhaha. Like an extreme version of impostor syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet post! I hope you will have the most wonderful holidays! Thanks for all your book recommendations! :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems like it was an eventful year for you. Happy Belated Birthday R :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads