Neat as a pin

I do hope that everyone was able to stay warm and cozy this weekend, particularly my friends up in the Northeast.  Pull out those wooly socks, hand warmers, and knit beanies and make sure to drink lots of hot tea and cider.  I'll be honest, when I'm focused on staying warm, I am anything but cute with my dressing or accessorizing.  It's all about sweatpants, college sweatshirts, pilling wool socks, and hair knotted up in a ponytail or braid (the only guaranteed frizz protection).  I wish I could be chic like this but it's really just not meant to be.

If that girl lived in Dallas, she would live in this home, which is pretty much as perfect as she is, bundled up in the cold.  Everything seems coated in a warm, rich caramel colour, swirled in with some cream and surrounded by beautifully manicured landscaping.  My life is so not this life but it makes me a little bit warm inside to know that someone's is.















Comments

  1. Miss chic doesn't seem very interesting. I was keeping warm until last night. Someone needed help moving furniture from a 2nd floor (that was 100 degrees)...got sweaty, then had to go in and out of the cold. Blergh! Was headed home to dry off, but had to divert to give an in-law's car a jump start. Bad end to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't handle much perfection in one setting, because then I try to figure out how one attains such perfection, my mind boggles and I'm unable to recover. So I guess I'll just stick with my imperfection . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may be slightly jealous of the owner of this house...sigh...it does look so cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That door! That door (like my door!) is my favorite part of that house. I LOVE it. The rest of it is a bit formal for me. Like I'd be afraid to set my cup down on the table but I love that door. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep. sweatshirt, t-shirt, chunky cardigan, messy (really messy) bun is just about how i look right now. i'm trying to stay warm and beat this nasty cold i caught!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much to love in this house that I kept getting distracted with each new picture. The winner for me is that media room with the curtains everywhere. Love how cozy and glam that is! And yeah, I'm with you. Give me giant sweatpants, big hoodies, those giant plushy socks, and a blanket. Chic isn't even in the equation. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have family living in the US upper north part
    and I feel for them. Tho I've heard the kids
    are having a day off because of the heavy
    cold weather :P
    Anyway this home is NICE! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo, this is not generally my style (as you likely know by now;)) but i loooove it. this is modern-traditional done to perfection. love that entry, so pretty. love the bathroom, hello marble shower and shiny subway tiles, i love you. and the patio and media room, i'd gladly unwind in either. whoever designed this place, they're good. real good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This house is really lovely, looks so cozy! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful place. Wishing you a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure about the outside, but I really like the inside of this house a lot. It's very serene.

    Staying warm is all about layering properly. I'm still drinking iced coffee in the -15 degree weather....cold is all relative. Or so I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't care about looking good or cute either when I try to stay warm. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Reads